Nav V transfer to Zumo XT

PAL55

Reaction score
Hi guys ......... looking for some help. I changed my GPS last year and bought myself a Zumo XT, and I am very pleased with it. But there is something I would like to do if it is possible. I have some great trips that I have previously done on my Nav V, is there anyway I can transfer these routes over to my XT? I have tried a few ideas, but as yet nothing has worked. I would be grateful for any suggestions if indeed this is possible?
Cheers

I've tried everything and cannot get basecamp to talk to XT and even launched a thread on here and still no success
But don't fear.... there's a very easy solution ..... simply share your routes to the XT using their bluetooth sharing abilities (need to be in close proximity )
My advice though , is only do a few routes at a time , because XT will need to do its own recalculate after import and that can take some time , so much so that it 'falls over' on itself.

Yes getting XT and Basecamp together is impossible!! However, I have tried getting the Nav V and XT to share via Bluetooth and my XT doesn't recognise my Nav V so drawn a blank on that one? I am not very technically skilled when it comes to things like this, maybe I am doing something wrong, but don't think so?

You can copy the gps files from the V and then onto the xt with file explore on windows. But that won’t work on a Mac as the Mac won’t see the xt unless u have a file share app installed.

As I said , ‘Share ‘ is easy , via Bluetooth, from NavV to the XT . I’ve done it lots of times , using two different XT’s and works without fail every time . IMHO

When I got my XT 2 years ago, I exported all my Basecamp data to Garmin Explore & then synced the XT with Explore. The only problem is that I can't remember exactly how I did it! It cannot have been that difficult, as I am not the most tech savvy person in the world.

I will keep trying using the share option with bluetooth, I am using a mac so explore isn't an option for me. Don't you just love technology!!

I will keep trying using the share option with bluetooth, I am using a mac so explore isn't an option for me. Don't you just love technology!!

Garmin explore is a garmin app and is a website, so isn't mac dependant. I have a mac but can also go to my garmin explore site. Explore will share and sync with the xt. So if you get the routes or tracks from the Nav to your explore account it will then sync with the XT, if you setup that option when you first setup the XT if course.

Thank you for your input guys, managed to get the routes I wanted transferred from Nav V to XT via Bluetooth. Got there in the end!!

Result sir
I love Basecamp but it’s unbelievable that Garmin have somehow fck’d up with their comms for us Mac users

Back
Top Bottom