Be gentle with me, I'm a Guzzi virgin...!

Is there a 1000cc version on the way?

No idea....but the new V100 is a 120bhp water cooled sports tourer type....so they may put that engine into an adventure style machine?? Who knows??

If folks are saying the current V85 is a tad underpowered for 2 up stuff then it would make sense...then again its Guzzi we are talking about!

Rev lights can be configured in a sub-menu somewhere: ignition on, neutral, engine running (I think). Flick mode mode until menu appears, select it and follow the menu options. Dealer may reset it at service. I just have mine coming on at 7.500. Yes it likes to be revved.

Surprised at your comments on the rear brake. If anything mine is too strong, but it is an earlier model so maybe they changed something.

Screen, very personal thing. I don't find mine turbulent but it is noisy. MRA deflector wing thing is a good addition. I bought a package of used V85TT accessories recently that includes a massive Calsci screen. Not fitted it yet and may not like it when I do. If so it'll be up for sale.

Seat, again personal but we both find the high seat we have on mine as about the most comfortable seat on any bike we've had. My last bike - a 1200 GSA - had sergeant a seat we did ens of thousands of miles with. The guzzi is more comfortable than that. But like I said, personal.

Noise, yes stock setup is very quiet, yours possibly even quieter being a Euro5 bike (mine is E4). I have fitted a full Mistral system bought in stages: De-cat Y piece adds a good bit of sound, and loses weight and heat. Various option on silencer but I went for a Carbon Mistral can as I liked the look. A lot of people just keep the standard can as its not that muffled. Then I added the big bore headers. VAST improvement in sound and I am sure a noticeable improvement in low down power, but extra noise can be deceptive. Oh and then there's the V twin boost gizmo fitted with the Y piece (fools the intake temp sensor into a lower temperature so it richens the mix). After all that the bike definitely more tractable, sounds better and pinks less (they all seem to pink when hot and going slow). Fuel consumption dropped from low 60s to high 50s though.

Luggage - I have the standard 3piece MG hard aluminium luggage. It fits well and is well made but a tad small for two of us. The package of accessories I bought included a Bumot pannier set so I'll be giving them a go soon. Which means my panniers and frames will probably be up for sale before long. At this stage I expect to keeping the top box.

If they aren't fitted the standard Guzzi crash bars work well - I know from 55mph slide down the road. They are only about £80 - great value and easy enough to fit. MG heated grips are over £200 and I eventually bit the bullet and got some after farting about trying to make some old Oxford ones fit. The wiring is there waiting for the grips to be fitted and are controlled from the little white button on the left hand bar. The fly by wire throttle does need a bit of recalibration (dealer job) - its ok for normal riding but if you want cruise control the increased radius of the heated grip makes the throttle too sensitive and it knocks of cruise waaaay to easily.

Caponord front mudguard is a direct fit for extra front end protection, decal kits available from some guy on Facebook. Make sure you get the Capo Adventure mudguard.

They are great bikes. I'm on 13,500 miles and it still scrubs up like new and the engine seems to be getting better and better.

Many thanks for the useful information - I'm sure the things I don't like are trivial and easily put right. Over the weekend I ordered a givi screen, capo mudguard, guzzi engine bars and main stand. Heated grips will be another addition at some point. I kept my old givi trekker top box so that will go on and I'll probably add the givi or kappa panniers to match.

I'll get a few thousand miles on her and then start thinking about the exhaust. I've planned getting this bike for the past three years...now things are opening up I can't wait to enjoy her! Call me a sad old fool, but it's been a long time since I went up my garage just so I can stand and look at her...! :D

Plenty of info at www.thisoldtractor.com The Manual has much more info than the handbook. and explains how to change the rev warning lights, along with a load of other stuff.

I have moved my screen forward a bit and run a Puig screen extension which helps with the turbulence, for me anyway

Enjoy the bike, they are great fun.

Many thanks...very useful. :beerjug:

I was in Teasdales today - JBs local MG dealer. I asked about the V100. They know nothing other than what’s in the public domain but based on previous experience they doubt they’ll see a bike they could sell for about another year.

I’ve ridden home on a 2021 V7. Very basic especially the suspension but the newer engine is loads better than the old V7 I had borrowed a couple of times. I enjoyed the ride home, but a V7 is not a long distance ride.

I'm having a test ride of a V85 TT Travel from Teasdales tomorrow afternoon , I'll report back on my thoughts post test ride.....

I'm having a test ride of a V85 TT Travel from Teasdales tomorrow afternoon , I'll report back on my thoughts post test ride.....
The V85 demo was supposed to be my loan bike while mine’s in. I got the V7 when they realised someone was looking at the V85 tomorrow.

No idea....but the new V100 is a 120bhp water cooled sports tourer type....so they may put that engine into an adventure style machine?? Who knows??

If folks are saying the current V85 is a tad underpowered for 2 up stuff then it would make sense...then again its Guzzi we are talking about!

I've already said I'll have one.......... but they knew that anyway.:blagblah

Very much looking forward to testing the V100.

Well the team at Teasdale were excellent but I just did not like the V85 TT whatsoever

My personal view is that the switchgear and lights are very poor quality , especially the light switch and the indicators

I was terribly buffeted by the wind and found the ride experience unpleasant

It's the first and probably last time I will ride a Moto Guzzi

Sorry to all of those who love them , i accept it's a personal thing , but its just not for me

Well the team at Teasdale were excellent but I just did not like the V85 TT whatsoever

My personal view is that the switchgear and lights are very poor quality , especially the light switch and the indicators

It's the first and probably last time I will ride a Moto Guzzi

Sorry to all of those who love them , i accept it's a personal thing , but its just not for me

Yeah, Yeah…..but apart from that?

Surely there must have been one or two redeeming features ?

Yeah, Yeah…..but apart from that?

Surely there must have been one or two redeeming features ?

Of course - the redeeming feature was it was just a test ride and I hadn't bought it to find out I hated it !!

I think I may go with my original plan and move to the Husqvarna section and buy a 701 Enduro

You’re not alone, I too found the switchgear poor. But what really spoiled a basically fine bike was the buffeting and noise. I spent a lot of time and money attempting to improve the air flow but with no luck.

You’re not alone, I too found the switchgear poor. But what really spoiled a basically fine bike was the buffeting and noise. I spent a lot of time and money attempting to improve the air flow but with no luck.

I agree, the buffeting is bad with the stock screen... It was something I encountered in my test rides before deciding to buy one - but I am confident I can improve or eliminate it with the right aftermarket screen. Lot of people have had success using a laminar lip or x-creen with a taller screen.

The switchgear does feel flimsy - something I commented on in 2018 when I sat on the pre-production model at the NEC. However, in going through over 750 pages of v85 posts on adv forum I do not recall one post about switchgear failure. :thumb2

Did 260 miles on mine yesterday. Lake District to St Albans. Loved every minute (especially round Matlock). Buffeting on the standard "Touring" screen (which I think is on Teasdales' test bike) is awful, I'm currently back on the low screen. 63mpg. Handling (on tarmac) is IMO awesome, better than the BMW parallel twin bikes
Switchgear comments are fair, but comparing to a GS LC indicator button... the Guzzi feels better (I still prefer the old "lego" buttons on the older BMW's (like the ones on the K1200RS John :)) Newer BMW switchgear feels cheap for such an expensive bike.
Done 2k miles on my V85TT in last 2 months, it's still making me smile.

Did 260 miles on mine yesterday. Lake District to St Albans. Loved every minute (especially round Matlock). Buffeting on the standard "Touring" screen (which I think is on Teasdales' test bike) is awful, I'm currently back on the low screen. 63mpg. Handling (on tarmac) is IMO awesome, better than the BMW parallel twin bikes
Switchgear comments are fair, but comparing to a GS LC indicator button... the Guzzi feels better (I still prefer the old "lego" buttons on the older BMW's (like the ones on the K1200RS John :)) Newer BMW switchgear feels cheap for such an expensive bike.
Done 2k miles on my V85TT in last 2 months, it's still making me smile.

Like all, bikes it's a personal thing , what floats one persons boat does nothing for another . It would be a boring world if we all liked the same thing , at least there is a choice....

Back
Top Bottom