Cardiff / Dick Lovett Bristol / Cotsworld - good or bad?

jimbo

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Now I have moved, Bahnstormer Alton isn't very convenient.

Looks like I've three "AUTHORISED BMW MOTORRAD RETAILER" much the same distance.

Any recommendations (or other)?

Ta
Jimbo

Hi,

Over the last two decades, I've used both Dick Lovett (DL) and Cotswold and both have given me great service. Luke Pimm and Mike Tovey at DL have been particularly good to me over the years.

I hope that helps :beerjug:

Regards, Al

Dick Lovet good but a fair distance away, bought current bike off them and they did a fair deal..M&P Cardiff much handier, they did latest service and the Final Drive check/fix recently, tech was very helpful,had a nic evideo of the process to show off; they are a multi brand site, so you have to wander past ducati and HD to reach the service desk, but so far I have avoided any trace of contagion!

Now I have moved, Bahnstormer Alton isn't very convenient.

Looks like I've three "AUTHORISED BMW MOTORRAD RETAILER" much the same distance.

Any recommendations (or other)?

Ta
Jimbo
You feeling okay! Lining a dealers pockets jim

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

Cardiff are a curate's egg - good in parts
They gave my RT a great service, runs like a dream at 24k

BUT - completely disorganised, set over 3 areas with HD dealer as well, one hand doesn't seem to know what the other is doing.

And 4 weeks after I'd had the service, they asked me if I still had the courtesy bike as they couldn't find it. I replied that I find it tricky to ride two RT's at the same time

It's back to Cotswolds for me, despite the distance. They are far more professional.

Can't see Cardiff surviving as it is.

Cardiff are a curate's egg - good in parts
They gave my RT a great service, runs like a dream at 24k

BUT - completely disorganised, set over 3 areas with HD dealer as well, one hand doesn't seem to know what the other is doing.

And 4 weeks after I'd had the service, they asked me if I still had the courtesy bike as they couldn't find it. I replied that I find it tricky to ride two RT's at the same time

It's back to Cotswolds for me, despite the distance. They are far more professional.

Can't see Cardiff surviving as it is.

M&P? I had issues with them resolving a warranty issue, I won’t rush back.
I go to Dick Lovett, rush over to be there when they open and a nice rural ride back if the weather is nice.

My experience would say Dick Lovett over Cotswold but not blown away by either to be honest.

Had valve clearances done at Cotswold a few years ago, bike ran worse after and destroyed quite a bit of cabling under the seat which to their credit they did pay for the repair.

DL Bristol - nice to deal with but attention to detail not great, had two GSA's and both came back from service with missing grommets from the battery access panel. I know some would say - you can't complain about that, which is true, it demonstrates to me a lack of care, which is ok on refitting a minor piece of body work - but my concern is what level of care is applied when setting torque wrenches, and doing other service tasks you are paying professional money for?

my son lived in Stevenage, and got his servicing done at Cotswolds, he now lives near Salisbury and still takes it to Cotswolds, he has used them for years always very happy,

My experience would say Dick Lovett over Cotswold but not blown away by either to be honest.

Had valve clearances done at Cotswold a few years ago, bike ran worse after and destroyed quite a bit of cabling under the seat which to their credit they did pay for the repair.

DL Bristol - nice to deal with but attention to detail not great, had two GSA's and both came back from service with missing grommets from the battery access panel. I know some would say - you can't complain about that, which is true, it demonstrates to me a lack of care, which is ok on refitting a minor piece of body work - but my concern is what level of care is applied when setting torque wrenches, and doing other service tasks you are paying professional money for?

Cotswold for me, I moved away from Bahnstormer this past year and couldn't be happier, Sales Management are cnuts in Bahnstormer.

I have dealt with Rob Barrett at Cotswold Motorrad over a number of years for services and iv found him a pleasure to deal with.
The car service side is a different story!

I have dealt with Rob Barrett at Cotswold Motorrad over a number of years for services and iv found him a pleasure to deal with.
The car service side is a different story!
Rob is fantastic to deal with, a real breath of fresh air in a sea of mediocrity. He always seems to go the extra mile and goes through everything in fine detail, always happy to answer questions and deal with relatively minor issues too. Sales staff are great too, always happy to chew the cud, discuss bikes and always come and ask if you're being assisted if they see you mooching about in the clothing/new bikes section, even if you're only sitting down having one of their excellent (free) coffees whilst you wait for your bike to be looked at or just when popping in to break a ride up for a coffee, which I occasionally do, just to admire some of the bikes. You feel you're really well looked after so for now, I wouldn't take mine anywhere else. The only other franchise that I've received as good customer care is in dealing with Lexus at Cheltenham. The best customer care I've ever come across for cars.

No experience of the others but I've recently ordered my 2nd bike from Steve at Cotswold. When I had the 1st MOT done in March on the GS they also did the FD rubber valve upgrade and the dreaded software update too and kept me fully informed about the progress while I waited which I thought was a nice touch ( I'd been offered a courtesy bike but decided to wait). Last time I had mine serviced there I turned up early as thunderstorms were due. They got everything done while I was out on a test ride and it was already for collection when I got back, I didn't even have time to drink their coffee. I was back home in Worcestershire before the rain started.

After our accident last September I recovered the smashed up bike to Cotswold and have since bought a replacement bike from them. My experience of everybody I have met there has been good. I am going there again on Friday to have the flappy exhaust valve replaced as it has come up with an error twice since March. Absolutely no problem when I reported it to Cotswold and they fitted me in as soon as they could before I go to Sid's do in August.

Back
Top Bottom