Breakdown cover

Captain jack

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just wondering what peeps pay. I have cover for any of my vehicles, bikes/car attached to my current account at £13 a month. The other benefits are becoming less and less appealing so thinking about breakdown cover on its own.

I have the 4* cover here https://www.covermybreakdown.co.uk/ with added personal cover. I like that they have abase price and then you add extras as you want them so saves duplication if you already have legal expenses etc.

It's very good, excellent protection, not had to test it yet but renewed for another year as they offered a 10% discount over last year. £36 for the year. I am covered in a bike, car and van up to 3.5t as driver or passenger.

they seem to get decent reviews, the annual claim limit is pretty good and I think they cover up to 21 year old vehicles which is more generous than some companies. The parent is a well established Spanish company.

Plenty of alternatives out there. Autoaid is popular here but a bit dearer but a much better known name.

Just wondering what peeps pay. I have cover for any of my vehicles, bikes/car attached to my current account at £13 a month. The other benefits are becoming less and less appealing so thinking about breakdown cover on its own.

Might be worth checking that the perks (AA breakdown or whatever) linked to a bank account do actually cover you and yr bike (or whatever) when abroad.

I think that is quite reasonable. I'm paying roughly that for Britannia Rescue - probably not as good as the big two - for home breakdown for me and the wife and living-at-home daughter on our respective cars. I can also nominate one vehicle at a time for foreign breakdown cover. The covermybreakdown suggested previously would not work for me as we have two cars registered before 2011.

I think that is quite reasonable. I'm paying roughly that for Britannia Rescue - probably not as good as the big two - for home breakdown for me and the wife and living-at-home daughter on our respective cars. I can also nominate one vehicle at a time for foreign breakdown cover. The covermybreakdown suggested previously would not work for me as we have two cars registered before 2011.

it's odd, the FAQ at https://www.covermybreakdown.co.uk/faqc5.asp says 16 years but my policy documents says 21 years

Vehicle - Means any private car, van or motor bike which is owned by You or is Your
responsibility, is up to and including 21 years old, is registered in the United Kingdom, complies
with the following specifications and is used for Non-Commercial Use. Please note that
Campervans and Motorhomes are excluded from this Policy:

Autoaid. About £60 and last used 2018 Fort Williams to nth Wales on a Sunday and still got back nearly as quickly as normal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom