Portsoy 10 to 12 September 2021

Second jab for me on Sunday Micky.

Nicola wants have her own vaccine passport (of course) so it probably won't be compatible with England's or the EU's!

Put me down for a tent spot:D
Sea view if poss:thumb

Are you riding up, or going in the van with bike in the back? I am trying to decide whether to go on the 80, or XCountry... I can use the soft panniers on either. The tank bag on the 80 is much bigger, so it could be the better choice.

That route up from Carlisle... there are nicer, smaller roads. Get across the Firth and then once at Perth, the A93 to Glenshee, much, much nicer route and there will be hardly a soul on it. Past Breamar, turn left at Crathie for Tomintoul road but then turn right at Cock Bridge and head straight for Huntly on the small road through Strathdon (name of one of my ships!) Bridge of Buchat, Kildrummy, Edinbanchory, Rhynie, Huntly, Avochie, Gordonstown, Portsoy. It is about 470miles from Uttoxeter. I might go via the Tan Hill Inn and up to Blythe the day before.

Are you riding up, or going in the van with bike in the back? I am trying to decide whether to go on the 80, or XCountry... I can use the soft panniers on either. The tank bag on the 80 is much bigger, so it could be the better choice.

That route up from Carlisle... there are nicer, smaller roads. Get across the Firth and then once at Perth, the A93 to Glenshee, much, much nicer route and there will be hardly a soul on it. Past Breamar, turn left at Crathie for Tomintoul road but then turn right at Cock Bridge and head straight for Huntly on the small road through Strathdon (name of one of my ships!) Bridge of Buchat, Kildrummy, Edinbanchory, Rhynie, Huntly, Avochie, Gordonstown, Portsoy. It is about 470miles from Uttoxeter. I might go via the Tan Hill Inn and up to Blythe the day before.

All being well,4 of us on R100gs,s and PD’s:thumb2

This might be of interest to folks who want to view the Dallachy Wing memorial I mentioned earlier. Plus some film of Aussie Beaufighters flying out of Dallachy.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-05-03 Andrew D Bird 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳&#9176.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-05-03 Andrew D Bird 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳&#9176.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 265
Hi Alystair, After Dent this W/E, I've decided that booking camping trips in the distant future is no longer for me. I've booked into the Station Hotel, which only looks like a short walk to the site.
Thanks Steve.

Won’t be on my own in the Station Hotel with all you hardy campers folding for comfort :)

Well thats me not going to go upmarket, :blast:

I wanted a quiet room away from the rabble..

I'll stick to Plan A - go Rambo & camp ;)

See you in there Steve. Me and my mate have de-camped from the bunkhouse to the Station Hotel.
We thought, to hell with it lets have a bit more comfort :D

I've also booked a travel lodge at Kinross. 1 night on the way up, one on the way down. Joanne says she feels much happier, me travelling without all that stuff on the back of my bike.

See you in there Steve. Me and my mate have de-camped from the bunkhouse to the Station Hotel.
We thought, to hell with it lets have a bit more comfort :D

Oh, I reckon you'd find the Sail Loft pretty damn comfy, Tony. Other than having to make yer own grub (if you choose) the facilities are very modern and easily hotel quality. There's no bar mind, but that's easily sorted. :beerjug:

Oh, I reckon you'd find the Sail Loft pretty damn comfy, Tony. Other than having to make yer own grub (if you choose) the facilities are very modern and easily hotel quality. There's no bar mind, but that's easily sorted. :beerjug:

Yup, it's been upgraded and is a really smart place. No bar but the living room with a wood burning stove is a luxury. I doubt anyone would be disappointed with it.
Make sure to let them know of cancellations for the place. It'll be opened to public bookings at some point if we don't have too many staying
Might manage to take over the Station Hotel at this rate! It's close the the Co-op, chippy, Chinese and a short walk down to the seafront.

I have no doubts at all about the good quality of the bunkhouse. Thing is, we haven't been anywhere for ages and thought, to hell with it, let's do the hotel thing.

Yup, it's been upgraded and is a really smart place. No bar but the living room with a wood burning stove is a luxury. I doubt anyone would be disappointed with it.
Make sure to let them know of cancellations for the place. It'll be opened to public bookings at some point if we don't have too many staying
Might manage to take over the Station Hotel at this rate! It's close the the Co-op, chippy, Chinese and a short walk down to the seafront.

I'm sure it's really nice Alistair but, see above. I will be emailing the site today. I will, no doubt be visiting again in the future now it's on my radar and will likely give the bunkhouse a go :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom