ICELAND JULY 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember every moment Bill.
From the moment we all first met I haven't laughed so much in a bike trip....then when they phoned Cabby with a Pakistani accent pretending to be from the bank and he was being charged the full amount at every fuel station :D

Oh yes - I'd forgotten about that one !! :D:D:D

Is it going ok ( ish ) still over there? Has the weather been kind?

Not sure if it would be the same for a 690 but, Martin at Torque racing recommends you zip tie a single clutch plate to your rad guard (you can just see it in this pic on my EXC)

The idea being if your clutch goes you can put an extra plate in to pack it out

Attachments

• 56F738A5-C2DD-45FC-BEA9-16183BE321BE.jpg
    56F738A5-C2DD-45FC-BEA9-16183BE321BE.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 328
Does it only work if you cable tie it to the rad guard first?

Not sure if it would be the same for a 690 but, Martin at Torque racing recommends you zip tie a single clutch plate to your rad guard (you can just see it in this pic on my EXC)

The idea being if your clutch goes you can put an extra plate in to pack it out

We are all here now for the second trip. Lots of airport shenanigans for 2 groups travelling yesterday. But they all managed to sort out different flights and even different airports, and got here in the end, some arriving at midnight last night. It took 4 hours to get Harold's bike released by customs because his original green card was only valid from today, Friday, so we had to forward a new one which covered yesterday as well. They really are that particular now.
This was all because our flights were cancelled and we came a day earlier.
Anyway we shall all meet up this morning and once the others have the bikes we shall be on our way.

We are all here now for the second trip. Lots of airport shenanigans for 2 groups travelling yesterday. But they all managed to sort out different flights and even different airports, and got here in the end, some arriving at midnight last night. It took 4 hours to get Harold's bike released by customs because his original green card was only valid from today, Friday, so we had to forward a new one which covered yesterday as well. They really are that particular now.
This was all because our flights were cancelled and we came a day earlier.
Anyway we shall all meet up this morning and once the others have the bikes we shall be on our way.

Excellent! Have a great time. :thumb2 I’m not jealous at all! :augie
Is yours a big bike trip?

Cold and wet. Too much sand on one trail. That was hard work. Only crashed about 6 times. I hate sand!!!!

Real bad luck Andy, clutch is another real weak point of the 690 when slipped excessively, shame they haven't sorted it.
I'll be in touch soon.
Meanwhile....

Wow - what a picture Tim :thumby:

Torential rain last night. Biblical. We are in the north of the island now. Wet start and cleared up as we went on. Just got all the gear nice and dry and Tim said another 62 miles up to where my friend lives. 61 and 3/4 miles of rain. Heavy rain.
Tents up anyway for those that didn't pick the hotel that only had one room left.
Sunny and dry this morning though.
More later.

Torential rain last night. Biblical. We are in the north of the island now. Wet start and cleared up as we went on. Just got all the gear nice and dry and Tim said another 62 miles up to where my friend lives. 61 and 3/4 miles of rain. Heavy rain.
Tents up anyway for those that didn't pick the hotel that only had one room left.
More later.

I’d blame Liam and Jon - it always rains when they’re on a trip together! :D

More later.
Oh dear! I hope it dries up for you. :thumb2

Strangely quiet with these two trips? :nenau

I'm not long back and this if you remember is an invite thread....perhaps some ride reports will follow because there's much to tell :)

Attachments

• IMG-20210723-WA0005-01.jpg
    IMG-20210723-WA0005-01.jpg
    275 KB · Views: 336
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom