Williams Motorrad Manchester

Haydnw

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I rang Williams earlier today to source a replacement for a broken plastic trim piece ('BMW End cover rear') for my GS carbon helmet.

They had the part in stock so I called in to collect it, the girl on the parts counter insisted on fitting it to check that it was the correct part.

She asked if I'd bought the helmet from them, I confirmed that I hadn't.

She then asked if the helmet was less than 2 years old, I said I thought that it was.

Outcome - part replaced as faulty FOC.

Great customer service like this deserves to be shouted from the rooftops :okay:okay

I rang Williams earlier today to source a replacement for a broken plastic trim piece ('BMW End cover rear') for my GS carbon helmet.

They had the part in stock so I called in to collect it, the girl on the parts counter insisted on fitting it to check that it was the correct part.

She asked if I'd bought the helmet from them, I confirmed that I hadn't.

She then asked if the helmet was less than 2 years old, I said I thought that it was.

Outcome - part replaced as faulty FOC.

Great customer service like this deserves to be shouted from the rooftops :okay:okay

It was likely to have been Levi that you were dealing with although the other lady on the desk is good too. Always have had good service from them on spares and clothing.
It was Levi sorted me out when i needed the fuel pipe connector re-call doing on my previous bike at short notice when Chester Motorrad failed me miserably.

+1 for great service at Williams :thumby:....except getting through to service dept by phone....but I'm persistent :D

Travel from N Wales to there....good butty shop 5 mins away

You’ve just got to watch them and keep them on their toes if you’re selling a bike to them. They can be forgetful to pay you for your bike!

You’ve just got to watch them and keep them on their toes if you’re selling a bike to them. They can be forgetful to pay you for your bike!

I waited a while to get some money back they owed me.

I waited a while to get some money back they owed me.

I kid you not, they gave me £1000 compo (hush money) for not making a public fuss over their 'oversight'. The dealer principle rang me, asked me what I wanted to resolve matters, with a touch of optimism I told him £1000 and he immediately said yes and the money was swiftly paid into my bank account plus the money they had forgotten to pay me for the bike I had sold them.

+1 for great service at Williams :thumby:....except getting through to service dept by phone....but I'm persistent :D

Travel from N Wales to there....good butty shop 5 mins away

Me too from Penymynydd :okay:okay

It was likely to have been Levi that you were dealing with although the other lady on the desk is good too. Always have had good service from them on spares and clothing.
It was Levi sorted me out when i needed the fuel pipe connector re-call doing on my previous bike at short notice when Chester Motorrad failed me miserably.

From my understanding, [mention]Sadjim [/mention] of this Parish does work there. He sorted me out (FOC) with a brand new shoulder strap for the tail bag that I purchased from the member on here.

If and when I do return to owning another BMW, I will be taking the trading up to Manchester to see the man in person and buy him a pint. Fantastic service. Thank you Jim.

From my understanding, [mention]Sadjim [/mention] of this Parish does work there. He sorted me out (FOC) with a brand new shoulder strap for the tail bag that I purchased from the member on here.

If and when I do return to owning another BMW, I will be taking the trading up to Manchester to see the man in person and buy him a pint. Fantastic service. Thank you Jim.
Yep Sadjim works there, met with him on one of services, did me a good deal on a top box including fitting when I bought a pre owned bike from them.

So as regards Williams Motorcycles there seems to be a theme occurring here about their real reluctance to pay the money they owe.

I’ve held back on commenting on here as there was an ongoing court case against them.

My experience here has been diabolical, I will be completely fair to the service side of their business as they have been excellent, however the sales side and management sucks.

A long story short: after advice I went to them for a new bike…….big mistake.

The salesman, made such a dogs dinner of the order on many fronts, in short;
wrong invoices, inaccurate or lacking information, ignored requests for updates and info, total lack of knowledge of transferring reg numbers, which was part of the contract, datatool contracts misrepresented, the list goes on.

On the day of collection he doesn’t even deal with me, bear in mind I haven’t complained at this point. He hands me over to another sales person, she tried her best to sort everything out thats been dumped on her, but couldn’t sort the plate transfer. I had to pay the fee myself whereas this was part of the contract for them to sort the lot out. I then I had to wait on the phone 45minutes to change my Reg Number back, as they had failed to sort it on the day.

The saga goes on with the head of sales……………and they agree to pay me back the transfer fee.

Numerous weeks later and a multitude of excuse its still not paid. I give them a deadline to pay and again they fail. So I take them to the small claims court. And provide a full complaint to the Director of Business. The complaint is shoved under the table.

I actually called them to discuss but surprisingly the Salesman, Head of Sales and Director had all left the business. I wonder if they were part of the problem or leaving a sinking ship.

Anyway they agree to mediation, which I also agree to, and they agree to pay part of the claim by a set date. Guess what……………….they haven’t paid.

So what do you think? I have a number of options:
1) I can ask for a court judgement against them.
2) I can ask for the original claim to be reinstated and it goes to hearing.
3) I ring them up and ask to speak to the new Director and ask him what are they playing at.
4) Other?

Has anyone had any similar experiences, not necessarily with this company or with motorcycles but in trying to get money which is owed to you.

Its not a dealership I will be visiting any time soon or recommending to any others who may be thinking of getting a BMW. I've take all my servicing business elsewhere, which seems unfair on an excellent serivce department who are let down by the other half.

Cheers Ali

So what do you think? I have a number of options:
1) I can ask for a court judgement against them.
2) I can ask for the original claim to be reinstated and it goes to hearing.
3) I ring them up and ask to speak to the new Director and ask him what are they playing at.
4) Other?

Has anyone had any similar experiences, not necessarily with this company or with motorcycles but in trying to get money which is owed to you.

Its not a dealership I will be visiting any time soon or recommending to any others who may be thinking of getting a BMW. I've take all my servicing business elsewhere, which seems unfair on an excellent serivce department who are let down by the other half.

Cheers Ali

Ask for a Court Judgement against them, that will have the most impact on their business.

They’ve always been good to me, whether it’s parts for my old GS’s or on a deal for my new GSA.

My only complaint would be getting through to parts or service on the phone, but they do always get back to you albeit it takes a while.

They’ve always been good to me, whether it’s parts for my old GS’s or on a deal for my new GSA.

My only complaint would be getting through to parts or service on the phone, but they do always get back to you albeit it takes a while.
Didn't get back to me recently with a email enquiry.. Did get the usual automated reply but nothing more.
Strange as they mailed me twice about my MOT being due...

Sent from my M2007J22G using Tapatalk

I kid you not, they gave me £1000 compo (hush money) for not making a public fuss over their 'oversight'. The dealer principle rang me, asked me what I wanted to resolve matters, with a touch of optimism I told him £1000 and he immediately said yes and the money was swiftly paid into my bank account plus the money they had forgotten to pay me for the bike I had sold them.

well , hush , didn't happen did it !

My first dealing was with sales.
at the time i had a CBR600 and as i was camping lots i needed a bike more suited to this.
after lots of reading i decided the GS was the bike i wanted.
my CBR was 8 years old at this point and i didnt have much money to add to the sale (£7,700 to be exact)
after visiting RiteBike in Bradford twice and being treated like total crap....thats another story, i visited Williams BMW in Manchester.

My first impression while walking round was that i cant afford any of them, they didnt have many used bike in at the time, and the ones they did was only a year old or so, which was out of my budget.
A salesman came over (Dave.. sorry dont know his last name) and i was very honest with him.

I told him i really like the GS its perfect for what i need, but i cant afford what you have here. i even told him how much money i had and showed him my current bike.
He said there was a bike that had been part exed yesterday, but isnt on display.
A 2 year old TE GS, The bike had a couple of extras, engine bars and spots, and was a great looking bike...i wanted it!! but after checking it was £12,500.
I give him sad eyes and said shame.

I gave him my name and number, and said that if an older bike i can afford comes in let me know, then left.

For the next day or so, i was kicking myself i didnt have the extra cash for that bike, id fallen for it and was left dreaming of what could of been.

2 days later i get a phone call from him saying he explained my situation to his boss and i can have the bike???
I was stunned, i was like... how am i going to pay, i dont have that kind of money?
he offered me 3k for my bike (i only paid 5k 5 years earlier)
this meant i got the bike for £10,700 :bow

i came off the phone feeling like a lotto winner, and i went a few days later and rode off on my shiny new bike with a silly grin on my face.

Each year i have it serviced and MOTd by Williams.
Last year i had a very slight oil leak coming from the front plate.
They replaced the gasket and sorted it free under the warrant with no fuss, and the bikes been perfect since.

Maybe making me wait was just a sales tactic before knocking it down, i dont know.
All i know is, i got a lot of bike for my money and i feel happy about it.
i had looked all over and i never saw another GS at that age at that price anywhere, so i feel very lucky.
i like to think the salesman saw how gutted i was, and helped me out.

I treat my bike with respect and clean it regular, and blow dry.
When its time to change i will let Williams have the first offer on a bike they have full history of from new.
This GS will obviously be worth more on trade in than my last bike, and with another 7k i will be in a better position for another good bike.

The bike is booked back in for a service and MOT in 3 days time, so for a day i will have a 400cc scooter courtesy bike while mines sorted.
Ive never been on a scooter, so im looking forward to it :augie

Anyway... its another +1 for Williams from me :thumb

My first dealing was with sales.
at the time i had a CBR600 and as i was camping lots i needed a bike more suited to this.
after lots of reading i decided the GS was the bike i wanted.
my CBR was 8 years old at this point and i didnt have much money to add to the sale (£7,700 to be exact)
after visiting RiteBike in Bradford twice and being treated like total crap....thats another story, i visited Williams BMW in Manchester.

My first impression while walking round was that i cant afford any of them, they didnt have many used bike in at the time, and the ones they did was only a year old or so, which was out of my budget.
A salesman came over (Dave.. sorry dont know his last name) and i was very honest with him.

I told him i really like the GS its perfect for what i need, but i cant afford what you have here. i even told him how much money i had and showed him my current bike.
He said there was a bike that had been part exed yesterday, but isnt on display.
A 2 year old TE GS, The bike had a couple of extras, engine bars and spots, and was a great looking bike...i wanted it!! but after checking it was £12,500.
I give him sad eyes and said shame.

I gave him my name and number, and said that if an older bike i can afford comes in let me know, then left.

For the next day or so, i was kicking myself i didnt have the extra cash for that bike, id fallen for it and was left dreaming of what could of been.

2 days later i get a phone call from him saying he explained my situation to his boss and i can have the bike???
I was stunned, i was like... how am i going to pay, i dont have that kind of money?
he offered me 3k for my bike (i only paid 5k 5 years earlier)
this meant i got the bike for £10,700 :bow

i came off the phone feeling like a lotto winner, and i went a few days later and rode off on my shiny new bike with a silly grin on my face.

Each year i have it serviced and MOTd by Williams.
Last year i had a very slight oil leak coming from the front plate.
They replaced the gasket and sorted it free under the warrant with no fuss, and the bikes been perfect since.

Maybe making me wait was just a sales tactic before knocking it down, i dont know.
All i know is, i got a lot of bike for my money and i feel happy about it.
i had looked all over and i never saw another GS at that age at that price anywhere, so i feel very lucky.
i like to think the salesman saw how gutted i was, and helped me out.

I treat my bike with respect and clean it regular, and blow dry.
When its time to change i will let Williams have the first offer on a bike they have full history of from new.
This GS will obviously be worth more on trade in than my last bike, and with another 7k i will be in a better position for another good bike.

The bike is booked back in for a service and MOT in 3 days time, so for a day i will have a 400cc scooter courtesy bike while mines sorted.
Ive never been on a scooter, so im looking forward to it :augie

Anyway... its another +1 for Williams from me :thumb

Great story
Well done

After using them for service for a couple of years finally bought a bike from them last month, great deal, very pleased

Just to add to my service story above.
When I got there and booked in, the lady on the service desk said sorry we don't have that scooter in as a loan bike at the moment...
I thought ffs I'm gonna end up getting a taxi home!!
She come back with some keys and said, I've got you another bike.
She lead me outside to a brand new 25 miles on the clock 40 year edition!!!
She said is this OK???
I cooly said, yea it will be fine

I can say I do love the bike, the tft screen is nice and the heated seats would have been nice if it wasn't red hot already lol
I love the built in spots with indicator on the tft screen when they are on.
Much better than the left guessing Denali I have.
Alas I had to hand it back

Maybe next year I'll change my bike for something similar
bfbe544b4a25431bda01a7d76ac8a135.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom