R1250GS TE clutch query

madasadad

Reaction score
I’ve had my Gs now about 500 miles, I’ve adjusted the clutch lever as close to the grip as I can, but I’ve noticed it bites right at the end(outer) of the travel.
There’s a very short distance between bite and full engagement
It has made for a few interesting hill starts with Mrs Mad on the back. Is this normal?

Once you get used to it you won't even notice it.

Doesn't a clutch normally bite towards the end of the lever travel?

Doesn't a clutch normally bite towards the end of the lever travel?

Only time I’ve ever had a clutch bite just before the end of travel, even in a car, it either needs adjusted( which I don’t believe is possible in a hydraulic clutch) or when it’s coming to the end of its life

I'll have a look at/feel of mine (600 miles) next ride, but certainly raise it at the 600 mile run in service.

Can’t say I noticed anything peculiar about the 1250 clutch compared to my 5 previous 1200s.

How far does your clutch bite? Any other bike I’ve had the clutch engages fully, noticeably before the end of the lever travel and there’s a bit lever of travel after the clutch has engaged fully

Does the 1250 still have the adjuster screw on the inside of the lever

I saved a guy replacing a clutch when I realised someone had been playing with that lever even a mm of movement would disengage / engage the clutch right a the end of its travel I just adjusted the screw out to give a little more free feel

Have you adjusted the lever so it is closer to the bars and easier to reach

Does the 1250 still have the adjuster screw on the inside of the lever

I saved a guy replacing a clutch when I realised someone had been playing with that lever even a mm of movement would disengage / engage the clutch right a the end of its travel I just adjusted the screw out to give a little more free feel

Have you adjusted the lever so it is closer to the bars and easier to reach
Thanks, yes I’ve it adjusted as close as it will go, I didn’t think there was any further adjustment possible

I’ve had my Gs now about 500 miles, I’ve adjusted the clutch lever as close to the grip as I can, but I’ve noticed it bites right at the end(outer) of the travel.
There’s a very short distance between bite and full engagement
It has made for a few interesting hill starts with Mrs Mad on the back. Is this normal?

Yes the lever travel on the bite point is quite limited on them, a bit on/off, but as already mentioned you’ll soon get used to it

Just to throw a spinner in the works, some folks find the bite point is not always consistent on LCs, it can “move” a little sometimes:)

Back
Top Bottom