New Multi V4

Really interesting to read all this.

Stick - do you reckon if you have a 1250GS for longer days and rides then a Streetfighter V4S when you want to let rip, that you would have the bestow both worlds? That is what I am hoping to sort this year!

Just get the SF

I have just done 260 miles round the Dales and its as comfy as a comfy thing I feel no more knackered than I would have done on the Multi !

Interestingly the 2 lads with me today, one on a newish XR and one on a 1250GS both very good riders commented that they just could not keep up with meme even though I genuinely was not riding the bike fast or at least the bike was only scratching at its capabilities bearing in mind I am trying to run it in.

The handling is such that it just fucks off in the corners and they are playing a diminishing game of catch up

Congrats and well done, I was impressed with the V4S on the test ride too, I'd struggle with the concept of the poor (ish) fuel range and the price is a bit salty but there's not much out there to compete with the new Multi, I didn't think you'd do it, bellisima :okay

Its a leap of faith and trust . I don't think the fuel range is that bad on my short 160 ride , but should have taken a bit more notice as I re fuelled at 130 but went out again for another 30 with the luggage on , just got carried away with the ride , it takes to the air with the TC off like a loony but its just so smooth.
And the handling is perfect as you can concentrate on the road ahead and plan better as the chassis glides along , again well done Ducati as I was a hater of forks.

Just get the SF

I have just done 260 miles round the Dales and its as comfy as a comfy thing I feel no more knackered than I would have done on the Multi !

Interestingly the 2 lads with me today, one on a newish XR and one on a 1250GS both very good riders commented that they just could not keep up with meme even though I genuinely was not riding the bike fast or at least the bike was only scratching at its capabilities bearing in mind I am trying to run it in.

The handling is such that it just fucks off in the corners and they are playing a diminishing game of catch up

Looked at theSF but an old injury from racing (neck) makes naked bikes hard work on a decent ride and the cost in discomfort is not worth it , great bike tho . The V4 is a cracking motor

Looked at theSF but an old injury from racing (neck) makes naked bikes hard work on a decent ride and the cost in discomfort is not worth it , great bike tho . The V4 is a cracking motor

To add to this on the V4 multi

I looked at a new one in the dealers where I got the SF

They had one which they had put som graphic kit on to give it the colour scheme of the pikes peak

It looked very good ....

The 1290s Ktm was very quick but it had no feeling at all and the chassis was awful.

Tosh.

I doubt very much you spent anywhere near enough time riding the KTM. The suspension is incredible. But you have to dial it in to your riding style. And you can. Unlike the GS. You can set it up exactly how you might prefer it to be, even the ride height for goodness sake and doing so make a huge difference to handling.

You've made a good choice though. The GS would be second choice for me with the Duc and KTM in the same area. The KTM is without doubt better value though and the chassis is awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tosh.

I doubt very much you spent anywhere near enough time riding the KTM. The suspension is incredible. But you have to dial it in to your riding style. And you can. Unlike the GS. You can set it up exactly how you might prefer it to be, even the ride height for goodness sake and doing so make a huge difference to handling.

You've made a good choice though. The GS would be second choice for me with the Duc and KTM in the same area. The KTM is without doubt better value though and the chassis is awesome

I did try to dial it in but could not find a sweet spot , the Duc was (for me perfect from the off) but we all have different needs . It just did not do it for me and could not wait to give it back . Sorry 😞

Bike arrived at the dealers , decided to go for the V4 s Sport with the full Akro system , cannot wait . Big thanks to Dorian at Worcester Ducati for the arrival video, nice touch . Cannot wait . Bring on Tuesday 👍

Bike arrived at the dealers , decided to go for the V4 s Sport with the full Akro system , cannot wait . Big thanks to Dorian at Worcester Ducati for the arrival video, nice touch . Cannot wait . Bring on Tuesday ��

They sound sweet with the full system , only a few more sleeps...:D

I pick mine up on the 26th of this month. Used to have Ducatis and Laverdas but have been with BMW for a long time. Just needed a change and after a ride it was an easy decision. What a Bike!

Bike arrived at the dealers , decided to go for the V4 s Sport with the full Akro system , cannot wait . Big thanks to Dorian at Worcester Ducati for the arrival video, nice touch . Cannot wait . Bring on Tuesday ��

Boring i know but id be interested to know what your partner thinks to riding pillion compared to the GS ? Enjoy your new bike :beerjug:

Boring i know but id be interested to know what your partner thinks to riding pillion compared to the GS ? Enjoy your new bike :beerjug:

Not yet had her on the back as running in over the next few days , but when I took her on the demo she liked it , found it smaller than the Gs , but thats the nature of the V4 , compact .
Comfort wise she was fine , only thing was it was less space than the Gs , but we agreed the Gs is super comfy and bigger , she will let me know when we go out on the new bike for a long run and coms fitted .
The bike however is fooking great , rides really well , just need to get it run in as booked first service for the 31st....then I can find out what it can and cant do.:green gri:green gri:green gri:green gri

Not yet had her on the back as running in over the next few days , but when I took her on the demo she liked it , found it smaller than the Gs , but thats the nature of the V4 , compact .
Comfort wise she was fine , only thing was it was less space than the Gs , but we agreed the Gs is super comfy and bigger , she will let me know when we go out on the new bike for a long run and coms fitted .
The bike however is fooking great , rides really well , just need to get it run in as booked first service for the 31st....then I can find out what it can and cant do.:green gri:green gri:green gri:green gri

Pictures?

What's this running in you speak of?

5 year warranty isn't it? Should be for the price. School of thought about not taking it easy - I read once. These engines aren't Austin Allegro any more. So unless it's a BMW I wouldn't worry.

5 year warranty isn't it? Should be for the price. School of thought about not taking it easy - I read once. These engines aren't Austin Allegro any more. So unless it's a BMW I wouldn't worry.

I thought the first batch of V4's had shite engines:augie

It’s been hard I must admit so done it over 2 days , service on the 31st , Cta3 to be fitted , full evo map . Then that’s the fucker ready to abuse , and I will .
Chain now stretched , engine ready to rumble . Lol

Not the best shots but happy new bike for me , well pleased ..next time I will get better photos but just did not want to stop riding it. What a bike .Roll on the 31st for 1st service.

Attachments

• duc 3.jpg
    duc 3.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 222
  • duc 2.jpg
    duc 2.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 222
  • duc 1.jpg
    duc 1.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 222
Not the best shots but happy new bike for me , well pleased ..next time I will get better photos but just did not want to stop riding it. What a bike .Roll on the 31st for 1st service.

Very nice! Congrats.

Back
Top Bottom