Back to an adventure bike

GSyoda

Reaction score
Hi all,

I don't have a GS yet, but have ordered one to put on the road after the salt has been & gone!

It will be my first adventure bike since the TDM900 I owned a number of years ago. I've just done a European tour with 6 other lads, all on GSes, and me on my Z1000SX. They brainwashed me!

Stu

Welcome Stu, you will love your GS... which model did you order ?

Better prepare yourself for some sleepless nights between now and when you take delivery ;)

Welcome Stu, you will love your GS... which model did you order ?

Better prepare yourself for some sleepless nights between now and when you take delivery ;)

Thanks, I'm sure I will! Big adjustment from the SX I've had for the last 8 years, but a mate kindly gave me enough time on his to settle with it and really understand what they're all about. Once I'd reached that point, there was no going back! :)

I've gone for a TE in white and my dealer persuaded me to take the heated seats option. Apparently, it brings 5 stages of adjustment to the grip heating, making it much easier to find a happy medium. I've now got all winter to sort out a top box and all the essential trinkets :rolleyes:

Thanks, I'm sure I will! Big adjustment from the SX I've had for the last 8 years, but a mate kindly gave me enough time on his to settle with it and really understand what they're all about. Once I'd reached that point, there was no going back! :)

I've gone for a TE in white and my dealer persuaded me to take the heated seats option. Apparently, it brings 5 stages of adjustment to the grip heating, making it much easier to find a happy medium. I've now got all winter to sort out a top box and all the essential trinkets :rolleyes:

Exact same spec and colour as mine and I am in South Yorkshire too! Great bikes. I'd bet diamonds that you'll be faster on it than the Kawasaki on a twisty road.

Did they give you any idea of when it will arrive, or have you told them to hold off until a certain date?

I went for seat heating too - it seems such a rediculous extravagance on a motorcycle i had to have it!

They didn`t tell you that `the SOS option is now standard fitment with a £300 increase, please`.....?

Exact same spec and colour as mine and I am in South Yorkshire too! Great bikes. I'd bet diamonds that you'll be faster on it than the Kawasaki on a twisty road.

Nice. Must be a popular choice because they had another one exact same spec (but already sold) in the showroom. They sat me on it to test the height with the heated seat ;)

Did they give you any idea of when it will arrive, or have you told them to hold off until a certain date?

I went for seat heating too - it seems such a rediculous extravagance on a motorcycle i had to have it!

They didn`t tell you that `the SOS option is now standard fitment with a £300 increase, please`.....?

I could have had it January, but I'm not keen to take a brand new bike out into the road salt. I'd rather hibernate until March and make it a 22 plate, which they didn't have any issue with.

Yes I was warned about the SOS button, but the order is in now and I have a full order confirmation including price breakdown, so I hope to avoid getting clobbered for that - fingers crossed!

Greetings Stu & welcome to the forum - enjoy your new bike when it arrives, all ready for the spring...next year :thumby:

Back
Top Bottom