1250 GSA - Still a wise move?

GSMarky

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Folks.

In 2013 I bought a new GSA which was then the last of the Hex Heads & was a cracking deal at the time. Subsequent to that I've also had a 1250GS from new which was sold recently at just under 3 years with me.

I could be back on a GSA if there was a good deal to be had as they come to and end in favour of the R13.

Anyone have any knowledge of such deals as a local dealer simply said I should order from the website & there was me thinking they'd have stock to shift.

TIA. GSMarky.

As you know the 1250 GSA isn't being replaced yet only the GS at the moment so I could understand dealers wanting to shift any GSs they have in stock but not the GSA unless they are chasing sales targets. If you want an outgoing deal on a GSA you might be 12 months too early.....

All you can do at this stage I guess is have a ring round to see what's available

The GSA is still a current model and still in demand so dealers have no reason to do a `deal` yet (at least no better a deal than they might normally do).
The 13 is no replacement for a 1250 GSA - different beasts altogether.

Thanks chaps.

To be honest I have assumed rather & if the GSA is with us for another 12 months or so, that may scupper my 'deal' searching, although there's an offer on the cases I'll investigate.

I definitely want the GSA so that makes it a bit easier.

Depending on how desperate you are if you can wait until q3 ends on Dec 31st some dealers might be chasing a sales target so are prepared to haggle, if not the end of the month might get you a discount as they chase November's quota.

The Hexhead / TC pre water cooling are a completely different bike to the water cooled units

Dont get me wrong, the LC units are very capable and when they work , are effortless,

But, and for me it was a big but, they are devoid of any character or soul.

Get a good un and it will bring heaps of fun ... get a bad one , and its a fukin cursed child !

I got over £2k off a new GSA te in September, was on its way over to the uk and waited 2 weeks for it to land and be ready to collect.

Personally prefer the look of the current GSA over the new 1300 and when I saw the spy shots around that time my mind was made up to go for it.
Not a fan of that new headlight and looks very run of the mill from every angle. May grow on me though I guess.

Sycamore bmw at witham essex have a lowered gsa and standard gsa new in the showroom with £1500.00 off list price

Same for me, I got a deal on a New GSA in Sept (£2500 off) for the same reasons. Now, 2 months in i'm really glad I did, I love it more than I did there GS, and not too sure about the new 1300. I'm sure it's good but so is the current GSA. There will always be deals if you walk into a dealer wanting to do a deal there and then, You may just need to try different ones, I think the smaller independents are better than the big ones. I went to Vertu and they couldn't get to the deal the way Barrie Robson in York could. Barrie R's got a sale.

I’m not overly convinced the new 1300 is going to work for me and am certainty considering replacing my current GS with a GSA. My bike is out of warranty in May so I’m now keeping an eye on any deals that maybe about.
That said after having to have new engine cases on my bike, issues that came with that and the new ( hopefully) better finish on the 1300 I may wait for the new GSA or possibly go elsewhere.

I got over £2k off a new GSA te in September, was on its way over to the uk and waited 2 weeks for it to land and be ready to collect.

Personally prefer the look of the current GSA over the new 1300 and when I saw the spy shots around that time my mind was made up to go for it.
Not a fan of that new headlight and looks very run of the mill from every angle. May grow on me though I guess.
You’re amongst many folk who don’t like the look of the new one.

Thanks folks.

Popped in to my most local dealer and had a good look at the new GS 13. I like it and the many improvements, but it feels quite small compared to my ‘20 GS. Certainly a deal to be had on a GSA so I’ll go back next week and follow up..

Let's all be honest with ourselves. The 1300 is going to be plagued with recalls, updates and many annoyances. Not only because it will be a new model, but because it's even more loaded with tech than the 1250.

The first 1200s were dogs with lots of problems. The first LC had all sorts of engine, gearbox and clutch problems. As well as endless updates. The first 800s had to have their engines rebuilt. Same with the 850s gearbox.

If we've learned anything from BMW, it's

DON'T BE THE LAB RAT.

Wait a year. Two would be better. If you can !!

But then if you're the guy who buys on a PCP and just throws it back to the dealer every two years then that might not be an issue for you.

As long as you don't mind your bike in a three month long dealer queue with its engine management light on when you'd rather be riding it.

Sent from my 22101316G using Tapatalk

It’s not about extra power and torque for me, its the Swiss army knife effect with usability and range.

I’ve a Streetfighter V4S if i want to go fast..

Let's all be honest with ourselves. The 1300 is going to be plagued with recalls, updates and many annoyances. Not only because it will be a new model, but because it's even more loaded with tech than the 1250.

The first 1200s were dogs with lots of problems. The first LC had all sorts of engine, gearbox and clutch problems. As well as endless updates. The first 800s had to have their engines rebuilt. Same with the 850s gearbox.

If we've learned anything from BMW, it's

DON'T BE THE LAB RAT.

Wait a year. Two would be better. If you can !!

But then if you're the guy who buys on a PCP and just throws it back to the dealer every two years then that might not be an issue for you.

As long as you don't mind your bike in a three month long dealer queue with its engine management light on when you'd rather be riding it.

Sent from my 22101316G using Tapatalk
I got myself one of the last HEX head GSA’in 2013 as the LC was being unveiled & loved it. Not overly fussed about the newness of the GS13.. No PCP for me.

71f76f009fc275fd3bc68ab9af9cf693.jpg

Test rides done. Need to try and iron out a deal now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom