2010 R1200RT Multi-Controller help

anglian001

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone can help me please, i have bought a 2010 R1200RT recently as a bit of a project with an unknown past. It has an audio system but i found this was not working. On inspection somone had cut off the connector ends which were still attached to the audio right side controller thats located on the fairing.

I have now soldered the wired together and the unit now turns on, but i have a single back cable left and i am unsure where this connects to?

I consulted my Haynes manual but does not show this single black cable.

Looking at online pictures and have come up with these pictures but does show where it connects to? Is it an earth?

The windscreen does not go up and down either, i have checked the motor and this works when connected directly to a 12v battery. Any sugguestions with this also? I am now taking the left hand switch apart to clean and looks good so far, a proper wiring diagram would be of help as the haynes does not match up as i am thinking of shorting the wires to by pass the switch to see if thats the cause.

Many thanks

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Regarding the windscreen, this can be a ZFE position/calibration issue. If you have a Motoscan tool, you can look at the status of the up/down buttons in real time to see if the commands are going into the ZFE module. Unfortunately Motoscan does not have the windscreen calibration function (unless they added it recently) but I think the GS 911 does.

Back
Top Bottom