396 issues

Allan Davies

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
As above really..was passed the 396 from a family source. AL will sort type thing🤔🤦
Anyhow it won't find Satellites...done the reset, master reset etc..battery good, charges great...even done the Satellite cold start feature. Nothing nowt feck all...
Next option is to phone garmin..
Any opinions please 🤞💋

Done all that guys..started my XT next to it, to compare...this is the unit after hard reset, and cold start, also had been in the garden for 15 mins...:confused:

Attachments

• IMG-20231123-WA0022.jpeg
    IMG-20231123-WA0022.jpeg
    53.2 KB · Views: 14
Have a look at where the map thinks it is, if it's a long way away, that'll slow down the acquiring time.

Is the software up-to-date according to Garmin Express?

Just trying to think of things that it might be instead of the satellite system in the 396 being broken.

If nothing else, then contact Garmin to see how much an exchange would be?

Cheers
It thinks I was in London last...hopefully get onto Garmin Express tomorrow..son doing GSCE on comp plus gaming all weekend...I think I may need more than 30mins he said he would give me🤔😱

After loads of help from Yarkto, it seems that there is or may be a problem with the aerial, as it updates etc just can't find satellites...so since the battery is non removable, its time to take it apart to look see...just need to find the precision screw driver set I put in a safe place...
Cheers for your replies..one plus is, I now have a spare Garmin USB lead and zumo case at the very least👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🍺🤩

I had some problem a few months ago with my 395 it thought I was in Barrow when I was in Clitheroe. I have known some similar interference problems when close to steep hills and tall buildings and also close to radio transmitters and radar installations.

Back
Top Bottom