A strange little glitch…. It suddenly thought I am driving on the Continent

Wapping

Reaction score
As I haven’t had an opportunity to use the MyRoute app for the past six or so months, I thought I’d remind myself how it works or more particularly, how it works:

A. With downloaded maps.

B. In offline mode ie. such as away from a reliable phone signal. I faked this by putting the phone into flight mode. In part at least, this was to see if I could reproduce Arsey’s problem, where he cannot persuade the app to show detailed roads in offline, downloaded maps, mode.

C. On a brand new iPhone, running up-to-date downloaded maps and the latest version of the app.

It all worked fine (so not much help to Arsey) but with one odd glitch.

At one roundabout, a part of the display thought I was driving on the Continent, not in the UK. In other words, that I should drive around the roundabout anti-clockwise.

As you can see from this screenshot, the main display is correct ie. to turn left (first exit) at the roundabout. In other words, enter the roundabout, drive clockwise and leave at exit one. But the mini direction in the top left corner, shows what is a continental approach, driving around the roundabout anti-clockwise, to leave at exit one. I had never seen the app do this before.

IMG_3325.png

I checked with the MyRoute forum, who tell me that it is known glitch with HERE maps, that some roundabouts might display this way. MyRoute and HERE are working to fix the problem.

Other than that, it all worked fine.

Yes, and it seems to have assumed the 30 sign is in km/h and helpfully converted it to 18 mph?

In other words, that I should drive around the roundabout anti-clockwise.

I checked with the MyRoute forum, who tell me that it is known glitch with HERE maps, that some roundabouts might display this way.

Other than that, it all worked fine.
One could be forgiven for thinking that this minor 'glitch' could send you head on into oncoming traffic...
But there is nothing quite like it to wake up the senses! :augie but comforting (I think) to read that "Other than that, it all worked fine"
Good heads up Richard (y)

I had this happen on years ago on a Garmin Quest whilst trying to negotiate the centre of Bath, very bizarre. Stopped, did a reset and all was good, but a bit of a 'Woah there' moment.

On the other hand have also been saved by Garmin last year when turning into a road I though was OK, glanced down to see the unit in a red pulsating light warning me!

Back
Top Bottom