Akrapovic on R 1300 GS

Njw1967

Reaction score
Has anybody got the twin Akrapovic on their new 1300?

Im curious if they have baffles ? Or straight through having a pre muffler?

Just wondering about disabling my flap when mine arrives with a plug in box to make it sound better

Anyone got some pictures up the tailpipes?

It will probably have baffles that are welded in place.
Im sure there will be a work around for those who want the baffles out , a dremel may do it or a die grinder . Once I have the bike I will have a look .

Just wondering about disabling my flap when mine arrives with a plug in box to make it sound better

They must have none removable baffles.

Think I've read somewhere that most of the "silencing" is now done in an exhaust box underneath. And that's why the Akro doesn't make much difference over the standard silencer??.

Disabling the flap will only make it louder at tick over. The flap opens as soon as you open the throttle. So I wouldn't think it's worth disabling the flapper valve. Just wait a year or two to see if they still jam open anyway:) .

Disabling the flap will only make it louder at tick over. The flap opens as soon as you open the throttle. So I wouldn't think it's worth disabling the flapper valve. Just wait a year or two to see if they still jam open anyway:) .
Makes sense. As upon initial startup, the 1200 GS/GSA would bark, then settle down on tick over.

Back
Top Bottom