Akrapovic Titanium Headers

Warlord

Do Not Resuscitate
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I decided to buy those R1200GS Akrapovic Titanium Headers from SadJim in the For Sale section earlier today.

It's been on my mind for a while now about this catalyst heat buildup on riders right hand side. Putting it down to the cat starting to fail... I'm pretty sure I've started to feel that heat buildup in the past couple of months..... and the constant 'ignition on' mouse squeek coming from the exhaust flappy valve. Fed up of maintaining that as well.

As I'm keeping my bike for a while, I didn't want this cat and mouse issue haunting me, so decided to ditch the standard headers and get the Titanium ones as they're also a bit lighter in weight.

I've bought a Servo Buddy as well, so I can get rid of all the cabling and servo motor bollox.

Never thought I'd end up with Akrapovic titanium headers on this bike, but the other benefits swung the decision for me.

Happy Days for a while longer yet :thumb2

Just as a matter of interest, I'm really still loving this R1200GSA.... just doesn't feel like I've had it 2 minutes and I'm 2.5 years in.

Does anyone else feel like that about their bike, or would you chop it in tomorrow given the chance?

Very pretty but stoopidly expensive I thought, a fool and their money as they say.

Yeah, I wouldn't have bothered to be honest, but getting rid of the squeek and catalyst issues was my motivation.

Just as a matter of interest, I'm really still loving this R1200GSA.... just doesn't feel like I've had it 2 minutes and I'm 2.5 years in.

Does anyone else feel like that about their bike, or would you chop it in tomorrow given the chance?

I had a GS for two years, brilliant bike but couldn't bare it any longer mainly due to the fact that every other cnut on the road had one.

I had a GS for two years, brilliant bike but couldn't bare it any longer mainly due to the fact that every other cnut on the road had one.

That doesn't bother me one bit. Not at all.

Great for farkles and second hand options though :D

Very pretty but stoopidly expensive I thought, a fool and their money as they say.

What do you think would have been a fair price then for good condition Akrapovic Titanium Headers?

Had 36k service this week on my 16 plated gs. Stainless headers fitted in first month, just removed the cables, also HT done. Pulls really well after this and sounds better.

Tested the 1250 but not worth the money to change imo. So this ones a keeper.

Enjoy

those Ti headers will return your money when or if you sell..its a free upgrade well worth it, beautifully made and super light

Lovely bit of welding on those Ti headers. I bought a second hand set of stainless Akrapovič ones from a member on here and went the Servo Buddy route. Decatting the bike certainly allows the engine to spin up more quickly....:D

Bit o/t as I've only had my 17 plate Rallye sport for a matter of months, but having had a GS lc as a loaner for a blissful month (courtesy of BMW and the RT debacle of 2014!! ) I've lusted after one for years. Now I've got one at last, I can't stop riding it and when I'm not riding, I'm in the garage blowing kisses at it.

Actually, all I can do is look at it for the next couple of months due to an elbow op yesterday (hence bloody typing @4.20 in the morning). Looking on the bright side, at least it's the shitty months I'll be missing. I can always just go and look at it and dream of new rides / farkles. This thread's given me some great ideas re the latter :beerjug:

those Ti headers will return your money when or if you sell..its a free upgrade well worth it, beautifully made and super light

I say that to my wife sometimes following a 'how much did that cost' type of question.

I say nothing darling, I've just transferred money to a different investment account with 'more interest' haha :thumb2

Why worry about what everyone else is riding? Seems odd to get rid of a “brilliant” bike, just because it’s popular. :nenau

I got these thrown into the deal as well.

https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showt...-Adventure-LC-2013-on?highlight=rizoma+guards

As the thread is closed, I couldn't answer the question about hitting rocks.

The guards are not designed to protect against rock strikes or off-roading, but those headers are prone to stone dinks on the road (I have a dink on my BMW Headers exactly where these guards would have gone).

So as I only use this bike for road use, they could actually be very helpful, and in my opinion look quite stylish.

The man slagging farkled GSer's buys farkles :D

The headers are one of the best additions I made to my 2017 bike and i am a big fan of Rizoma too, so a thumbs up from me.

The guards are designed to stop scrapes to a vunerable part of the headers, which they do effectively. Accept the Rizoma exhaust guards are far too nice to scrape (!) and most riders don't pass over any rocks which could scrape them, but the principle has simply been over engineered and look cool too.

But if you have money to spend does that make you a fool or maybe lucky enough to be in the situation to choose your purchases as you desire.
Your only here once so may as well make foolish decisions as it makes you a better person , I know I own a KTM :D

But if you have money to spend does that make you a fool or maybe lucky enough to be in the situation to choose your purchases as you desire.
Your only here once so may as well make foolish decisions as it makes you a better person , I know I own a KTM :D

Next year, I may own a KTM as well :D

Back
Top Bottom