Am I about to do something dumb/commit heresy?

I am just looking at swooping back to a gsa , currently have a 22 1290 adv r set up for off road narrow rims etc, and at times especially on some of the tricky trails its a bit of a handful .

So added a KTM 890 rally to the garage as a dedicated off road bike that can do longer trips and looking to chop the ktm in to get a 1250 gsa as i fee lat widens the gap , To me and the ktm gang will kill me on this i think the GSA is a better bike on tarmac, not the power but a more stable platform.

I would look at used bikes like the 890 as you will be dropping it and damaging it off road . I canceled my order for the mew 890 rally when i got cold feet about throwing a 21k bike down a muddy green lane !!!!

... just in case anyone is vaguely interested ... I had a great ride out at the weekend .. long Saturday morning ride with Alton Bahnstormer as the halfway point, which gave me time to think and size up the options. Result is that I have decided to hang on to the GSA as my 'do it all' bike as I have some 'long distance' plans, and will look to buy a much lighter off road bike to compliment it. Both will get used off road but I am hopeful this combination gives me the best of either end of the off road spectrum.

So at some point I will be popping off down to the motorbike shop .. just to have a look, of course ..
Best decision

Back
Top Bottom