Anyone in London area up for an evening get together?

A lack of toilet visits is certainly a side effect. Having a porridge breakfast definetly helps!

Having a porridge breakfast definetly helps!

Overnight oats is my credo :)

trying to pass a week old rock solid turd is probably akin to giving birth but i'd have to consult the Mrs on that one.....no direct experience of either..... :ROFLMAO:

I have an interesting story on this... maybe at the next pub meet :D :D :D

Yup, Wapping did a short update recently on his walk home from Shadwell Station with a bite at this place. Might head up on my own sometime. Its right outside the station (DLR and Overground) Menu looked great!
But veggie burger best to be avoided, bless you want to teleport yourself to early 90’s and indulge in this abysmal creation :barf

zyswjpzcbgebqhg1zsrs.jpg

Apart from the staple that are chips, there is and was no other Veggie option that I could see.

But as Grant said everything is in the region of £4.50 -£5.50 mark. That would be a burger of some description, chips and a cheaper alternative to well known branded soft drinks in a can.

I had completely forgotten that:

A. The excellent Fried & Grilled is cash only.

IMG_5130.jpeg

I should have remembered, not least as I have been going there for years, having been tipped-off about it by a friend, who is more usually found at the expensive end of a wine list.

B. Does not cater for vegetable munchers. Though in hindsight, the clue might be in the name.

IMG_5128.jpeg

IMG_5129.jpeg

Last edited:
All-in-all, it's starting to look like a whopping culinary gap in Wapping, @Wapping!

That being said, several of the (reasonably) closedlocal establishments do cater for the vegetable chewers, from within their extensive menus of culinary delights.

Perhaps we should give one or two a go?

IMG_5131.png

Last edited:

View attachment 310222

I should have remembered, not least as I have been going there for years, having been tipped-off about it by a friend, who is more usually found at the expensive end of a wine list.

B. Does not cater for vegetable munchers. Though in hindsight, the clue might be in the name.

View attachment 310220

View attachment 310221
Not an issue for me with regards to place being cash only, just not knowing about it, was a let down however.
McDonalds came to the rescue with their rather excellent Vegan burger option and tap and go payment option.
Comparing in cost, it was a bit more pricey and a walk in opposite direction to where we had to be at for the evening.

I was in the process of looking up ATM. But have been summoned then plans have changed.

It is easy to get caught out without the cash, but I haven’t used cash extensively for god know how many years and frankly, I never think whether I’ll need it or not on any of my outings, including trips abroad.
Germany on the other hand, I must make sure to have some with me. I digress.

That being said, several of the (reasonably) closedlocal establishments do cater for the vegetable chewers, from within their extensive menus of culinary delights.

Perhaps we should give one or two a go?

View attachment 310223
Look good! I don’t have to say it, but I am in! There I said it.

So how's about a curry night up Brick Lane?
This will be my place of choice. Say end May for a mid week feast. What about 29 or 30th May?

Of course!, always. :cool: We are taking over the whole place later in April with a big works do. Discount is not applicable for that but they were very happy when we agreed to their set price menu. Carrier bags of leftovers😀😀😀.
Its good quality Bangladesh cuisine as is all of Brick Lane, - plenty of good veggie options and as a regular i always get my discount. When in London at least a weekly visit, when the wife is with me its more…..
Its not unitque as others will tell you. In Brick lane the touts will promise first free beer, free papadums or some form of discount. I’ve always gotten my 20%. The boss is a top guy. As British as they come, with a great strong east London accent….😀😀😀
Grub is top notch for the money really. None of this fancy stuff just good old curry

View attachment 310222

View attachment 310220

View attachment 310221
Those prices arn't bad for Londonistan; (y)

Back
Top Bottom