Auto pass for Norway.

crumbles

C*ntry Bumpkin.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have made this a sticky, not least as knutk (a Norwegian and resident in Norway) has given what looks to be the definitive answer.

See post #7

Richard

===========

Going in a small campervan and wanting too get a pass but which one do I choose...as in the 1st picture..
Any one of them will do or a specific one...
Confused old devonian....help...
I tried for the Epass24 but got no further than the postcode,
when I clicked too put mine in the keyboard comes up not the qwerty keyboard.as in the 2nd picture.
Mike...
I looked on Autopass and was directed too the 1st picture,but have I done something not right...
Screenshot_20240315-214731_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20240315-211610_Chrome.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I used ferry pay last year on a bike trip. However it’s not just for bikes. It was very easy to set up and worked flawlessly throughout our trip. Ride on, scan of the number plates and that’s it. A few days later an email to let me know I had paid. I would certainly use it again.

Thanks for that Glen,
I am going too be using roads and ferrys so wondering initially for the road part...

Thanks for that Glen,
I am going too be using roads and ferrys so wondering initially for the road part...
I think you will have to pay tolls on some roads. The tolls are not applicable to bikes so can’t really help you with that. It’s a fantastic country to visit.

I used ferry pay last year on a bike trip. However it’s not just for bikes. It was very easy to set up and worked flawlessly throughout our trip. Ride on, scan of the number plates and that’s it. A few days later an email to let me know I had paid. I would certainly use it again.
We did this.
As the numbered road with cameras lead or link with the ports then I assume it just works? (viz. the ferries are actually part of the road system, rather than being an optional route)

I got the Flytt pass recently. I'm shite on tech stuff and I managed to register and the tag arrived (here in France) a few days later.

For non-domestic vehicles, there are two type of payments.

Ferry crossings and Tollroads.

For ferry: Ferrypay
Tollrads: Epass24

Both systems require a registration online. But there is no additional cost beyond the actual Ferry ticket/Toll passage.
Vehicles are registered with cameras, and requires no further action from driver (except for paying the bills :ROFLMAO: )

There are several other systems available, but the ones above covers all public roads/ferries and is all you need, with no additional fees nor any obligations.

If you happen to enter a remote, privately maintained road, there will be signs saying so, and explains how to pay (usually some kind of reference to a webpage). This would typically be some remote mountain roads etc..

Also: MC pays on ferries, using Ferrypay.

MC do NOT pay on public toolroads, so the Epass24 system is for non MC vehicles only. Same goes for Speed cameras. MC will not be fined if being busted in a speedcamera.
Norwegian legislation demands that the fine is paid by the driver, not the owner of the vehicle. And the drivers face needs to be positivly identified..

Radar contoll performed by the police or under-cover cars is a different story, and the rates are HIGH...

For non-domestic vehicles, there are two type of payments.

Ferry crossings and Tollroads.

For ferry: Ferrypay
Tollrads: Epass24

Both systems require a registration online. But there is no additional cost beyond the actual Ferry ticket/Toll passage.
Vehicles are registered with cameras, and requires no further action from driver (except for paying the bills :ROFLMAO: )

There are several other systems available, but the ones above covers all public roads/ferries and is all you need, with no additional fees nor any obligations.
I've now linked my Flyt tag with an autopass account which is neither of the above 2, ferrypay or epass24.

I've now linked my Flyt tag with an autopass account which is neither of the above 2, ferrypay or epass24.
Yes, that will work.

But then you will need a transponder attached to your vehicle, (usually in the windscreen hidden behind the rear view mirror) and there are monthly fees.

The above mention solutions are both free, without any monthly fee and does not require anything installed in your vehicle... post #7

======

Mildly edited to emphasise knutk’s advice.

Richard

I emailed epass24 about the problem,
Olivia Bregstrom came back with this reply....

Hello,

Give it to me I will put it for you and also the email you used to registered an epass24 account

Have a good day

So all is not lost...

Last edited:
Me and my better half drove up to the Artic Circle (1 month, 6000 mile round trip) the summer before last (June) in our Citroen C3 Picasso.
We didn't bother to register for tolls as I understand the Norwegian government register your plate on their system and pass any tolls to an agency in the UK to collect road and ferry tolls.
We haven't received the bill yet but there is still time I guess, even though it is getting on for two years ago.
Tourism has changed the far north a lot and the wildlife is retreating but it's still incredible beautiful.
If you get the chance go out on the Whale watching trip from Andenes, the Sperm Whales have learnt to take the Halibut off the longlines as they are pulled up.

Attachments

• norway snow road pic.jpg
    norway snow road pic.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 3
  • sperm whales taking halibut off longlines.jpg
    sperm whales taking halibut off longlines.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom