Back on a Guzzi

That's funny. I love my Sport, yet every week I google 'California Vintage'..!

s-l140.jpg

s-l140.jpg
A bit like me loving my V85TT but ooo that new Stelio 😘

The only thing that stops me buying another Guzzi is space, but if it wasn’t an issue then perhaps something like this..

Now this really floats my boat.

View attachment 290074
Oh boy, that is just perfection isn't it? ( :D spellcheck just corrected my rapidly typed 'perfection' to 'erection'....!)

I could honestly just stare at that picture for hours... never mind the actual bike.

Look at those chrome hubs, the fishtail exhaust, the pinstriping, those driving lamps, the saddle..... The chap at Warwick with the Ambassador reckoned that they originally chromed the entire tank, then added the black paint over the chrome to leave just those two knee-pad areas showing. Remarkable.

That's a thing of immense beauty - do let me know when you get one! :beerjug:

Oh boy, that is just perfection isn't it? ( :D spellcheck just corrected my rapidly typed 'perfection' to 'erection'....!)

I could honestly just stare at that picture for hours... never mind the actual bike.

Look at those chrome hubs, the fishtail exhaust, the pinstriping, those driving lamps, the saddle..... The chap at Warwick with the Ambassador reckoned that they originally chromed the entire tank, then added the black paint over the chrome to leave just those two knee-pad areas showing. Remarkable.

That's a thing of immense beauty - do let me know when you get one! :beerjug:

If i build another bike, it’ll probably be a copy of that. Ive lusted after it for a few years now.

Space is the issue for me though.

The only thing that stops me buying another Guzzi is space, but if it wasn’t an issue then perhaps something like this..

Now this really floats my boat.
That's an absolute beauty. I've been lusting after an old V7 for ages and ended up getting an unrestored one back in the Spring. It's been a little bit of a project but I want to get it to be a reliable runner with it's current patina. That may well evolve to a bigger tidy up if I'm not careful - particularly after seeing that photo.

I'm a bit distracted at present, trying to to get an old Z1000 together before the wifes good will runs out !

Attachments

• Z rebuild.jpg
    Z rebuild.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 14
That's an absolute beauty. I've been lusting after an old V7 for ages and ended up getting an unrestored one back in the Spring. It's been a little bit of a project but I want to get it to be a reliable runner with it's current patina. That may well evolve to a bigger tidy up if I'm not careful - particularly after seeing that photo.

I'm a bit distracted at present, trying to to get an old Z1000 together before the wifes good will runs out !

Busy busy eh!
Love those old Kwackers Graham. Cant wait to see how it (and the Loop) turn out or any progress reports, I love tjis type of stuff.

My garage is integral so not so cold but even so I think keeping another bike in the house would be frowned upon by my good lady.

Back
Top Bottom