Best tyres?

Battlewings

Just purchased an 09 gs and fitted with Battlwings never had true road tyre on previous gs always anekees so see how I get on!!
:comfort

Interesting thread. I am new to GS world, bought bike new last year. Rear tourance lasted 5500 miles, front now almost illegal at 6500 miles. That includes a 3000 mile alpine tour, so the tyres got a good workout.
I havent had any issues with the exp...no slides or worries, have scraped pegs in dry and quite good lean in wet.But I have asc which might be a factor ...in theory no powerslides.
I fancy trying a pure road tyre for this year , and PR3s seem a good choice. I have been very used to 023 bridgestones on my other bikes- fazer 1000 and 1050 speed triple.But do fancy trying the PR3,will post up with ride report when its done.
cheers

Trailmax TR91 if you just want all out good tarmac grip in the dry and wet (outstanding in the wet) and don't mind the 9mm of new rear tyre tread wearing out rapidly (I typically get 3.0-3.5k miles out of 6mm then change). Front tyre replaced ever second rear. I just can't fault these tyres on tarmac as they just hang in there and give huge confidence. I typically pay £125-130 a rear fitted. If you're into how quick a tyres warms up, these heat up v quickly too and become very warm to touch.

I took a punt on some Maxxis dual road tyres based on their SuperMaxx being so good for grip and longevity, but the back is squaring off after 3000 miles and grip is only average. Not too impressed. I never fuss about mixing manufacturers, though I'd not mix a semi trail tyre with a road tyre.

Back
Top Bottom