BIG BIKE TRAIL RIDE

SkyGod

What Tyre pressure you running
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Next Monday the 20th I will be taking a group out in the Peak District for a trail ride.
This will be suitable for big bikes 1200/800 etc.
If you are a first timer then this will be an ideal introduction into trail riding on a big bike.
The lanes will start very easy and we will progress to some trickier stuff if the group is up for it.

Meeting point will be at The Yonderman cafe on the A623 at Wardlow Mires.
Wheels rolling at 10 am so if you want a breccy get there earlier.
Full English is cracking there.:drool
http://www.peakdistrictonline.co.uk/peak-district-cafes-the-yondermann-cafe-nr-buxton-i1010.html

Please show an interest here guys if you fancy it as I only want to take a maximum group of 6 out.:thumb2

Anyone that wants to come from further afield then you are welcome to crash at my pad the night before. Sunday night is hoofing in the local Boozer:beerjug:

Any questions then do ask.

Gaz

Unfortunately I'm working that date, shall keep my eye open for future
dates assuming Katoom Adv's are allowed.:D Thanks for organising anyway.:thumb2

I wish! BUt I'll be stateside :(

Have a good one :thumb2

....." This will be suitable for big bikes 1200/800 etc."

Oh how I fekkin larrfed when I read that bit !

Count me in if that's OK. :thumb

This will be my second venture off road. :eek:

Has it got to be a big bike for attendance? :augie

Next Monday the 20th I will be taking a group out in the Peak District for a trail ride.
This will be suitable for big bikes 1200/800 etc.
If you are a first timer then this will be an ideal introduction into trail riding on a big bike.
The lanes will start very easy and we will progress to some trickier stuff if the group is up for it.

Meeting point will be at The Yonderman cafe on the A623 at Wardlow Mires.
Wheels rolling at 10 am so if you want a breccy get there earlier.
Full English is cracking there.:drool
http://www.peakdistrictonline.co.uk/peak-district-cafes-the-yondermann-cafe-nr-buxton-i1010.html

Please show an interest here guys if you fancy it as I only want to take a maximum group of 6 out.:thumb2

Anyone that wants to come from further afield then you are welcome to crash at my pad the night before. Sunday night is hoofing in the local Boozer:beerjug:

Any questions then do ask.

Gaz

You wouldn't happen to be planning anything on the 29th (Wednesday) by any chance? Got some lads coming over from Switzerland who would like to see the Peaks at their best. I don't know the trails well enough to lead them round, they want to do some off road stuff.:thumb

SkyGod
Have rescheduled my work load on Mon 20th and am 98% certain I will join you for a ride out from Yonderman.:bounce1:roll:bounce1
Have had a conversation with Mick from this Parish re - doing the real easy ones . My soul requires a little off road . However when you move onto trickier lanes :eek: will have say adieu and leave you too it. Will explain when i see you.
Will be on time so if the 2% kicks in and Im not there leave without me. I will not need to wear a red rose for id purposes as I dwarf the 1200GS Adventure.

Andrew:D

Skygod,

Please Mister, can i come?

I know it says "big bikes" but what about an XChallenge? It`s neither big, or neither can it be classed as a small more manageable bike.

I fancy an easy-ish day, not a bike breaker, primarily because i`m shit!!

Plus it will be my first time off road since last year, when i had two weeks laning during the Manx Grand Prix, due to another back op`

Hopefully see you there.

Hey Gaz,

Andy here (Johno serviced my bike yesterday).
I'm up for this!

Might be totally useless though- only taken a bike (an XT 350, about 20 years ago) off road once before and I was all over the place! Funny really, as I can handle a mountain bike halfway right!

Will give it a try anyway. Under orders not to damage either the bike or me, as we're off to France on it next Saturday.

Big Thanks to Johno- the bike is running superbly :) Only brought it in for a service (didn't feel like there was anything 'wrong' with the bike) but I could tell the difference afterwards immediately. Just riding away from the unit, the bike felt crisper and more responsive. At A-road speeds it is smoother too. Great job.

Cheers

Sorry if yer missed me I have only just remembered about it - what a burk :rolleyes:
Hope you have had a great day :thumb2

Sorry again thought it wor quite today

A big thank you to Gaz for a truly great day out on some great tracks :thumb.
Each section we arrived at Gaz gave us a brief discription of what lay ahead and what to look out for. The man knows his stuf.
The bikes were, HP2, XChalange, XCountry, DZR, And a R1200GS shod with Tourances, Well done that man.
Once again thanks Gaz for a great day. Boy am i tired now.

:beerjug: Dave.

Thanks for a very enjoyable day out.

Was nice to meet everyone.

Have had a long hot soak, typing this while lay on bed letting the painkillers do their work.

It`s shocking how unfit i am, having not been off road for nearly a year.

Hope to see you all again soon.

Back
Top Bottom