Brake Bleeding Kits

Baza 07

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Ok need some advice on brake bleeding kits, I’ve been looking at the,,,,,
Gunson Eezibleed and the
DHA Auto Brake Bleeding Kit, so which ones do you use,again any advice on brake bleeding would be appreciated not having done it before 🤔😉
The bike is BMW R1200GS 2010👍
Cheers Baza

Ok need some advice on brake bleeding kits, I’ve been looking at the,,,,,
Gunson Eezibleed and the
DHA Auto Brake Bleeding Kit, so which ones do you use,again any advice on brake bleeding would be appreciated not having done it before 🤔😉
The bike is BMW R1200GS 2010👍
Cheers Baza
I have a mityvac which I use to pull down the fluid.
I seem to recall that the official process of fully bleeding my 2006 was rather long and involved - is yours the same?

I've used an Eezibleed on a car but not the bike, I don't think I have the right connector for the bike as the Eezibleed is getting on a bit now. I tried one of the auto kits you have listed and it was OK but hard to get a decent seal. Last time around I used one of these kits connected to the compressor - it worked well.

I'd go with the compressor powered one if you have an air supply and the syringe type if you don't.

I seem to recall that the official process of fully bleeding my 2006 was rather long and involved - is yours the same?
No idea Bem,just lining all the ducks up first,before i have a go,as i'm a,,
Brake Bleeding Virgin ;-) lol

Later bikes without the servo are a lot simpler.
With linked brakes are the front and rear brake fluid seperate. Just wondered. I'm sure someone will know. 🤔

Linked brakes on later bikes do have separate brake fluid reservoirs.
Bleed the brakes as you do conventional brakes, I have never bothered with any special tools, except I have always used a GS911 to run the abs pump/abs module to dislodge any air trapped in the pump.
Not sure if it is essential to run the pump/abs module but the GS911 recommends it.

Syringe for me every time for simple brake and clutch bleeding... easy and no mess suck the fluid and air out push only the fluid back in

I have an 09 with linked brakes ,ABS, and no servo. I change and bleed the brake fluid myself just like any other bike. Like Mistacat said earlier you don't need any special bleed tools but I also use a GS-911 to spin the ABS motor. Why waste money on fancy gadgets that you don't need?

Hi all i need i bit of advice,i've connected up the Eezibleed kit,fill it with fluid,
filled bike reservoir,slackened off the bleed nipple,connected the valve to my spare wheel,
and the only thing that happened was,it flooded the bike reservoir,but nothing came out
of the nipple,so the Q is how far d'you undo the nipple,and is it a problem if it comes out
of the caliper,,,,Thanks in Advance Baza

Maybe try a manual bleed first? Bit of pipe connected to the bleed nipple and then use pedal pressure as you crack the bleed nipple open.

The nipple shouldn't come out of the caliper - it's likely the fluid will gush out just as you drop the nipple on the floor

And finally the jobs a gudun,the rear nipple was full of rust and crap,so i cleaned it up and did
as Headtester suggested,a manual bleed,which in the end was the way i went,because i could'nt
get the Eezibleed to work,when i put the Eezibleed on all that happened was the pressure push
the fluid straight out of the bike reservoir,even with the brake nipple wide open,,,,anyone no why
that might happen,,,,,,,,,,Thanks for all your replies on this topic Baza

And finally the jobs a gudun,the rear nipple was full of rust and crap,so i cleaned it up and did
as Headtester suggested,a manual bleed,which in the end was the way i went,because i could'nt
get the Eezibleed to work,when i put the Eezibleed on all that happened was the pressure push
the fluid straight out of the bike reservoir,even with the brake nipple wide open,,,,anyone no why
that might happen,,,,,,,,,,Thanks for all your replies on this topic Baza
Glad you got it sorted. Are you going to do the front now?

Back
Top Bottom