Brand new Moto Guzzi v100s corrosion

DING-DONG

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Thursday 30th Nov I purchased a brand new v100s from one of the largest moto guzzi retailers. Today they called and asked if they can deliver, they turn up and 6:45pm unload the bike, it’s dark so I really couldn’t see much, we chat for 5 mins before they leave.

I move some stuff around and bring the bike into the garage and under lights I take a closer look.

Bike has only done 1 mile and this is what I’ve found.

1-looks like when the torqued the engine bolts up someone has slipped and scratched the frame on both sides.
2becff7e1e83d0bd2e34d36aa585946d.jpg

2bd3bf700139292272e2d05804c4caf7.jpg

ab9b40458a9b555729bcf721e49ca13e.jpg

Rear indicators fasteners are rusty, not a big issue to change.
d1449dd8f353d818d8ac44b4f49709f1.jpg

The fasteners that go through the rad, these hold the fan in place are loose and one is missing.
b7c2b9f6d8581db0d2623edce4d55f5e.jpg

Corrosion and paint pealing, bike hasn’t seen wet tarmac and has done a total of 1 mile.
a282c975b25274d4639a3088775ffebf.jpg

90f3d175251ce608c5baf415b4f9dc5b.jpg

The bolts have factory paint marks for confirming the fixing has has been torque checked,

the fact that now the marks dont align is concerning, the scratches on the frame is hard to prove, it could be factory / dealer / or you (sorry just being honest)

The corrosion on the casings , unforgivable

I'd reject the bike immediately - dont ride it

I hope you paid part on CC , start the rejection process and involve the CC if you did

That’s what’s happening first thing in the morn, my experience with guzzi will be short lived, I won’t be buying another.

To send it out like that is amazingly appalling-especially the engine casings - that happened at the factory

The bolts have factory paint marks for confirming the fixing has has been torque checked,

the fact that now the marks dont align is concerning, the scratches on the frame is hard to prove, it could be factory / dealer / or you (sorry just being honest)

I hope you paid part on CC , start the rejection process and involve the CC if you did

They left my house at 6:50pm and I notice the marks 10 mins later and the photos were taken @ 7:01pm, all photos show the time and day.

I fully understand they might say I marked the frame and tbh I expected that, however someone re-torqued the bolts and it wasn’t me.

Usually I pay a deposit with my cc but this time whilst I was at the dealers on Thursday I just paid the full balance on my debit card, tho I’m still covered under the charge back.

The misalignment was the first thing I noticed

It looks as if the motor may have been out of the frame and refitted

The front cover appears to be a different colour to the rest of the crankcase and the crankcase corrosion is unforgivable :blast

I'd be rejecting that if it were mine 🤬

The misalignment was the first thing I noticed

It looks as if the motor may have been out of the frame and refitted

The front cover appears to be a different colour to the rest of the crankcase and the crankcase corrosion is unforgivable :blast

I'd be rejecting that if it were mine 🤬

Email of rejection has been sent, i was going to deliver it back first thing in the morn however i need to limit any damage that i could do, like it fall off the ramp whilst getting the bike out.

The rear indicator fixings arn't rusty, they look like passivated fixings, which have a yellow colour, and i think others are right, thd engine has been out of the frame, which begs the question have they potentially reused stretch bolts, which again is a big nono

That’s disappointing for what is an expensive bike. Can’t see them not offering a replacement… if you’d accept one

Last edited:
Email of rejection has been sent, i was going to deliver it back first thing in the morn however i need to limit any damage that i could do, like it fall off the ramp whilst getting the bike out.

Exactly
They have a van, let them come to pick it up
How they ever thought that would be acceptable-baffles me

Sorry fella that's incredibly disappointing.

The re-torquing, the engine paint, both are very poor.

I am glad you named the dealer because they should be looking after the interests of their customers much better.

Feel for you Dave, hope it goes well for you, getting rid. John.

That's terrible. I was thinking of one of those Guzzis - but not now.
It's very unusual for Guzzi, essentially hand built by a long time experienced workforce in Mandello who take a lot of pride in the product. My new V85TT Guardia D'Onore was pristine on delivery, PDI was done properly, no messing with torque witness marks etc.

Something suspicious about this one, it's like it's been disassembled and put back together badly by an apprentice at the dealers. The OP right to reject it and I'd also contact Moto Guzzi direct with photos etc.

Those bolts have been out completely and swapped over when being put back in. If you have a good look, the torqued "check" marks would otherwise line up!

1. Why did a 1 mile bike need these bolts removing & for what reason?
2. Has the motor been put in from another bike, because of corrosion reported by another punter, and your "1 mile bike" isn't actually a 1 mile bike?
3. Is there a way to check this?

Back
Top Bottom