Brand new Moto Guzzi v100s corrosion

Whilst the majority of Google Reviews for the Dealer in question are favourable there is a more worrying recent one about the use of non-OEM parts for a service and correspondence with Piaggio UK on the matter.

Certainly not a good situation to be in with the bike. Best wishes for getting it sorted to your satisfaction.
Glad this all got sorted and the OP got all his money back but it took too long.
The Google review quoted on page 3 of this thread was from myself.
Nothing on the scale of your experience but very disappointing. I usually have a few bikes and my preference is for Italian exotica and service is always a challenge. Piaggio (motorcycle) in the UK is a small boutique brand. They used to be sold by experts working in sheds. Some years back, Piaggio decided that they wanted dealers to have fancy showrooms displaying one of every model. The majority of the experienced dealers decided to part company and sell other brands or just pack up and close.
Via Moto in Sheffield are very, very good and have great customer service.
If you can get through the pain and past the first 2 years of dealer servicing during the warranty period then you can call on the excellent independent network.
I would bypass the V100 and go straight to a Tuono V4 then call on AP Workshops in Tamworth for service - but that's just my take. The Guzzi should be better but they seem to be having a number of teething problems with the new model.

Via Moto in Sheffield are very, very good and have great customer service.
Il.

I too have bought from via moto, I bought a used bike from themselves, it had only done couple hundred miles so I never viewed just paid over the phone, they delivered the bike and it was 100% as described and I’ve dealt with them again because of the great service.

I still look at the guzzi v100 as I really do like the bike however I feel the experience put me off buying one.

Just bought a V7 850 Stone from Will at Via Moto at Sheffield, £700 off list. Put a Calli Vintage in against it, well impressed with the service. He did tel me they will be ceasing working with Piagio along with another 4 major outlets, due to Piagio owing them dollar.

Via Moto are only dropping Piaggio sales. They are retaining service and warranty work.
I was told that the change is due to a move to smaller premises that would not have sufficient space for the Piaggio Brands.

i used to be part of a company , that were in the top 3 Guzzi dealers in the country , WE couldn't afford to stock the amount of bikes they wanted us to have.
we just didn't turn over, what they think we should have done. there isn't the markup to make a big profit on them , when you are selling 1-2 bikes a week ( on ave over the year ) .
you need to mark them up by a minimum £800 ( if you do your maths properly ) , and on the small blocks ( v85/v7) there isn't enough money to cover what it actually cost to put them on the road PROPERLY , so corners get cut. the only place to cut corners is with a very short/poor PDI .
we would sell at RRP or very close to , otherwise it wasn't worth selling. 2 dealers i know got caught out by a punter playing 1 against the other , he ended up with a bike that , was sold out of the crate , for £200 over cost .
Bike ended up in-front of me , at first service , with me doing the PDI effectively .

i used to be part of a company , that were in the top 3 Guzzi dealers in the country , WE couldn't afford to stock the amount of bikes they wanted us to have.
we just didn't turn over, what they think we should have done. there isn't the markup to make a big profit on them , when you are selling 1-2 bikes a week ( on ave over the year ) .
you need to mark them up by a minimum £800 ( if you do your maths properly ) , and on the small blocks ( v85/v7) there isn't enough money to cover what it actually cost to put them on the road PROPERLY , so corners get cut. the only place to cut corners is with a very short/poor PDI .
we would sell at RRP or very close to , otherwise it wasn't worth selling. 2 dealers i know got caught out by a punter playing 1 against the other , he ended up with a bike that , was sold out of the crate , for £200 over cost .
Bike ended up in-front of me , at first service , with me doing the PDI effectively .
No no, you’re wrong. Quite wrong. A dealer, sorry ‘stealer’ makes at least 10 grand out of a 10 grand bike….i read it here!

Back
Top Bottom