Can you save individual POI’s or waypoints?

stirtloe

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
… I am only just discovering how MRA works, can you save the points as POIs and then subsequently add them as waypoints? That way you get around the faff of MRA trying to create a route? I ask this as I am trying to compile a .GPX of POIs of WW1 sites.

=====

I have moved this from a thread in the ‘Battlefield sectiion’

Richard

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you can load them individually.

Better and easier still, many will appear automatically in MyRoute, so just save them as ‘Favourites’

….. I am only just discovering how MRA works, can you save the points as POIs and then subsequently add them as waypoints? That way you get around the faff of MRA trying to create a route? I ask this as I am trying to compile a .GPX of POIs of WW1 sites.

=====

I have moved this from a thread in the ‘Battlefield sectiion’

Richard

Yes.

You add those points as 'favourites'. Once you have added them all, select 'create new route'. You then open your favourites, select the destination and then click the plus sign for 'add as waypoint'

This one is me selecting to use my favourite point as the next way point;

This shows you how it appears in the waypoints of the route

Last edited by a moderator:
I have asked the MRA developers several times if it would be possible to add a third option when you add a waypoint.
Option 1 - Via point
Option 2 - Shaping point
Option 3 - POI
If Option 3 is selected then the waypoint becomes independent of the route and the waypoint symbols can be added to it.

I don't know if it would be possible but it would be a lot easier than the current faff to add a POI.

I would also like the option to make all waypoints be Via points by default.

I have asked the MRA developers several times if it would be possible to add a third option when you add a waypoint.
Option 1 - Via point
Option 2 - Shaping point
Option 3 - POI
If Option 3 is selected then the waypoint becomes independent of the route and the waypoint symbols can be added to it.

I don't know if it would be possible but it would be a lot easier than the current faff to add a POI.

I would also like the option to make all waypoints be Via points by default.
I'm with you Bob, at least if you add as POIs you can toggle them on and off to see if they are near the route.

Back
Top Bottom