City Navigator but what unit?? Noob question

trinituner

Reaction score
Ok,

My experience with Garmin is very limited, I did own a Etrex venture and had mapping for south america when I was there and apart from the Etex being very slow and quite hard to use it did the job (Kinda)...

With my etrex I did "not" get a Mapsource dvd so the mapping I had was plug and play only, I no longer have the etrex but I do have a European city navigator SD card and will be looking for mapping for the Philippines when I go there soon. I see Garmin do a South east asia city navigator SD that covers the area I will be in the philippines...

My question is what would a ideal unit be to buy to run this??? do I need a all singing and dancing one or will a unit like the compact Garmin edge work??

I will be using it mainly for trail riding so a small unit would be best if poss, when im here in the UK I still use a TomTom Rider 1 in a touratech braket and for road riding I havent had any issue's and when trail riding I tend to get away with a compass and a ordanace survey map (Not gonna be the same abroad though)..

I would maybe in the near future look to upgrade this setup if its worth going over to a garmin unit that ticks the boxes and with the purchase of a GS the oppurtunity to head off road further afield is there..

I am sorry if this is covered in another thread but when it comes to Garmin im bloody lost as there seems to be so many units for this and that that im totally lost :nenau

Back
Top Bottom