dent man

UturnTony

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
is there any one around here can recommend a good home visiting type dent repairer man. i am in need of such a person as my vehicle has a dent which needs attention before it goes back to the lease company.

Ta:thumb2

Pop into any large franchise car dealer and get the name of their dent man, they all use them, and if he is recommended by a dealer he will be fairly competent.

depends on the type of dent, but you can do it yourself.

hair dryer and pipe freezer spray.

if it's a proper circular dent well away from any crease lines, and the the skin has not been stretched.

firstly warm the centre of the dent with the hair dryer till it really warm 40is degrees same as hot bath. then spray the centre of the dent with the pipe freezer.

it'll shrink and the dent will pop out.....

if your lucky....:augie

depends on the type of dent, but you can do it yourself.

hair dryer and pipe freezer spray.

if it's a proper circular dent well away from any crease lines, and the the skin has not been stretched.

firstly warm the centre of the dent with the hair dryer till it really warm 40is degrees same as hot bath. then spray the centre of the dent with the pipe freezer.

it'll shrink and the dent will pop out.....

if your lucky....:augie

i like that, but, unfortunately it is on a crease line, well it's not a crease as such but it is a place where the panel has a curve in it :blast if it was on a flat bit i could let it go as it is under 30cm. diameter and according to the dehire terms would be acceptable on a flat panel.

if it's on a crease the chances of dentman fixing it are low...

if it's on a crease the chances of dentman fixing it are low...

Not necessarily correct, it will depend on how sharp the dent on the swage line is, and where it is (access) and more importantly how good the dent man is. I work alongside these guys all the time and the real good ones walk on water.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3e1B0qJDEbs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

got to give those guys their due, they are skilled.

anyhow, got a guy coming over in the morning (from dentsinc) to do it. i emailed him a pic. and from that reckoned he can sort it. not cheap but hey if it sorts it, job's a gud un :thumb2 if i left it to the lease company they'd prob. want 3 times what me man'll do it for.

There's a company in Manchester that specialize in prepping cars for returning to lease companies.

I'll find out who they are tomorrow:thumb2

well, me dent man has been and gone and so have the dent/s :thumb2
he spotted another smaller dent next to the main one that i had i missed and he did that as well and for the same money i was originally quoted :thumb2

top job, top guy. no sign of the dents at all :clap

Back
Top Bottom