Dent Weekend 31st May - 2nd June, 2024

Loved that Paul.:beerjug:

There was a similar situation with German POW's where I live. After the war a good number of them were regarded
as Nazis and held till 1948 for re-education. One of them was Bert Trautmann who became a goalkeeper for Man City.

Copy & paste...
He was a paratrooper and initially sent to occupied Poland, then subsequently fought on the eastern front for three
years, earning five medals, including an Iron Cross. Later in the war, he was transferred to the western front, where he
was captured by the British as the war drew to a close. As a volunteer soldier, he was classified a category 'C' prisoner
by the authorities, meaning he was regarded as a Nazi. One of only 90 of his original 1,000-man regiment to survive the war,
he was transferred to a POW camp in Ashton-in-Makerfield, Lancashire. Trautmann refused an offer of repatriation, and
following his release in 1948 decided to settle in Lancashire, combining farm work with playing goalkeeper for a local
football team, St.Helens Town.
Performances for St Helens gained Trautmann a reputation as an outstanding goalkeeper, resulting in interest from
Football League clubs. In October 1949, he signed for Manchester City.

Appologies for boring the stuffing out of everyone but I find this sort of stuff interesting.

Now back to the Italians at Dent....:D :beerjug:
This is a good film about him

I'm out unfortunately, I hold a reservation with b.com in the Sun Inn which I can cancel up to the 15th May for no cost, 1 double room with private bathroom, 3 Nights, Thursday 30 May to Sunday 2 June Bed & Breakfast included £210 to be paid on arrival,

I will hold onto this reservation for a month for the benefit of UKGSERS till 7th April before canceling it on B.Com in case anyone wants to take the room, otherwise after 7th April when cancelled its still available but anybody can have it.

I'm out unfortunately, I hold a reservation with b.com in the Sun Inn which I can cancel up to the 15th May for no cost, 1 double room with private bathroom, 3 Nights, Thursday 30 May to Sunday 2 June Bed & Breakfast included £210 to be paid on arrival,

I will hold onto this reservation for a month for the benefit of UKGSERS till 7th April before canceling it on B.Com in case anyone wants to take the room, otherwise after 7th April when cancelled its still available but anybody can have it.

Sorry to hear you can't make it Mark. Are you doing the D-Day 80th this year?

If so I thought this may be of interest to you...

https://www.flyingmag.com/d-day-squadron-details-plans-for-80th-anniversary-flight-to-normandy/

Interested in going for the first time, so what's the plan for meeting up, on the main campsite ?
Managed to book into Sun Inn for the Thursday to Sunday. Any itinerary, ride outs, meet ups or take it as it comes ?

Interested in going for the first time, so what's the plan for meeting up, on the main campsite ?
Managed to book into Sun Inn for the Thursday to Sunday. Any itinerary, ride outs, meet ups or take it as it comes ?
Get pissed.

I went up for the "first time" from the sunny Sussex coast a few years ago. Didn't know a soul. Parked up, got the tent up and mooched about saying hello to everyone. All very chatty and welcoming. There were ride outs, chaps doing food and cooking from their camper vans .. all in all it was a great couple of days, it really was.

I went up for the "first time" from the sunny Sussex coast a few years ago. Didn't know a soul. Parked up, got the tent up and mooched about saying hello to everyone. All very chatty and welcoming. There were ride outs, chaps doing food and cooking from their camper vans .. all in all it was a great couple of days, it really was.

Indeed. It's very friendly and in some of the most picturesque countryside you'll see in England. I'll be doing a bimble
up to Tan Hill Inn via Buttertubs Pass on Saturday for lunch (26 miles). Dent is also 26m from Windermere, it's a case
of do what you feel. It's a wonderful part of the country for those who want to do a longer ride out but make sure you're
back in good time for a beer or two. :beerjug:

Floowed me up, brave man 😁

I feel that I should not miss this event seeing as I attended the inaugural event last year and maybe so cheeky as to consider myself a founder member, 2nd only to Chairman Stu.
Also just to say the conventional naming to "Dent Weekend" I find slightly bland, I much preferred "The Dent Debacle". :D

I feel that I should not miss this event seeing as I attended the inaugural event last year and maybe so cheeky as to consider myself a founder member, 2nd only to Chairman Stu.
Also just to say the conventional naming to "Dent Weekend" I find slightly bland, I much preferred "The Dent Debacle". :D
After last year's groundswell of numbers, I'm getting a bit worried incase anyone else turns up.:D
:beerjug:

I've no intention of playing gooseberry, I'll stay in Kirkby Lonsdale :D
Merely poking fun at last year's numbers old chap, hence the name the Dent Debacle. This year it could be the DD2.☺️

Butf you decide to stay in Dent, I'm all for a ménage à trois.
Before you get any ideas, it's re drinking and doesn't involve Margaret.:D

Merely poking fun at last year's numbers old chap, hence the name the Dent Debacle. This year it could be the DD2.☺️

Butf you decide to stay in Dent, I'm all for a ménage à trois.
Before you get any ideas, it's re drinking and doesn't involve Margaret.:D
Is it just me that finds her quite erotic ?

Back
Top Bottom