DJI Osmo Mobile 6 Gimbal

EVskij

Hand-crafting clients' ideas in real time
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Has anybody got this one?

Is it worth a purchase?

I am contemplating a purchase for my work. In conversation yesterday with a certain @rjsmith26, it seem that taking a video of my work upon completion and stitching together a presentation reel for my social media pages, seem a better bet to get more work compared to still photography.

Yes, I can just hold my phone and do a walk about as I have done to date. However there is always an inevitable hand shaken 🫨 footage that creeps in at the moment where you really do not want it.

I also like the idea of tracking, meaning I can set the most hone up to take a few short video frames on me doing the work, although I am not awfully confident on camera.

The telescopic handle is a bonus too, as it mean I could do some fancy shooting without the need for steps to elevate me.

Anyhow, looking for advice and to see if perhaps even better options are out there. IMG_0925.jpeg

I have a phone gimbal a Zhiyun (forgotten the model) I used to have an earlier DJI osmo model but found the gimbal motors struggled with a larger phone - the one you are looking at may be a lot better just make sure your phone does not exceed the gimbals load limit

I have a phone gimbal a Zhiyun (forgotten the model) I used to have an earlier DJI osmo model but found the gimbal motors struggled with a larger phone - the one you are looking at may be a lot better just make sure your phone does not exceed the gimbals load limit
Sound advice. I currently run an iPhone 13 Pro (not the Pro Max) but will likely to upgrade to an IPhone 16 Pro in September/October.

A multi-national client of ours bought several of these devices (the one in your opening post or something very similar) to allow local plant safety managers, to show their site to the in-house insurance department (head office) during lockdown. They worked really well. Simple to use and very steady, allowing the live streaming of pictures and / or recording.

I have the previous version of the model you have shown, the DJI. I’m no expert with it but even I can take some decent footage with it. All the important controls are at your fingertips so no need to even touch your phone once it’s set to go. Pan, tilt, zoom, start and stop recording or take photos using the buttons on the handgrip. Very stable images and the speed of pan/tilt is governed by how much you move the thumb switch, so it’s easy to avoid jerky camera movement. Your phone and one of these could produce some really good footage.

Back
Top Bottom