Ducati Diavel

Udders

A Needy Twat
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’ve always had a hankering for one of these so what do I need to know? :nenau
I like the looks ( strangely ) and never had a Ducati of any type before so know absolutely nothing about them. Is the latest incarnation the better one or go for an earlier type?
It would only get used very infrequently in nice sunny dry weather and mainly for a day or two at a time because I have my 1150 for touring on.
So, who’s had one one? Any issues? :nenau

Roadrash rider has one Ping him and ask

I think he has just sold it but from my limited knowledge of the Diavel they go very well and handle far better than one might expect

The last of the 1260s was brilliant but they reckon the V4 version is a mighty beast indeed

I had one of the first Diavels in 2011 and I loved it. Great fun, stonking motor, good handling, brakes, etc. The rear suspension was a bit harsh, but all that (and a lot of other things) have changed in the intervening years. Would I have another? Yes! Especially the modern ones you will be looking at

I may have a wander down to the Ducati dealer in Worcester in the morning and try one for size. :thumb2

Couple of mates had them. Nothing but trouble for one of the lads and always in the garage and moved onto Rocket 3's.

Well they’re very nice. :thumb2 Very comfy too.
With the better wheels, small screen and de-cat exhaust it came to just over £30k.

A bit more palatable
19cffc4d3fcd79e07019f9b5ad4f7bc2.jpg

Nice but I really don’t like the wheels. They had a customers bike out the back in the workshop that had the other ( obviously more expensive ) type of wheel on. And you can just see the £5.5k exhaust option. IMG_4175.jpeg

When the spring is here I’m going to take one out for half a day to try it. No point taking one out in this weather.
The hourly labour charge is £120 but if you order a bike no matter how many options you add the maximum charge will be a huge £80! Work that one out!

Back
Top Bottom