Duplicate music

stever1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I appear to have duplicates of all my music on my iPad and iPhone using the music app. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of the copies. ?

Check the app Apple store, there should be apps to remove 'Duplicate files'.
Unless you have renamed one set. Then it won't recognise them as duplicate.
Do it manually.

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

Not sure if I’m remembering this correctly, but I think iTunes has a function to find duplicates?

Isn’t Music just iTunes renamed?

I should probably stop offering advice here at this stage as I think both are shite and stopped using them years ago 😂

Go into a windows explorer/finder window. Sort the files by extension type, or modification date. Delete duplicates that way?

R.P , doing it manually would take for ever.
cookie, can’t find anything like that in settings.
A.D. IPad, not windows computer.
but thanks for your suggestions

If you’ve done anything like consolidating your music library the music/iTunes may well have duplicated it.

Find you music library location (if you don’t know where it is open Music, then right click any song and it will give you an option to show in finder - thats for Mac but I’m sure windows will be similar)

Your music files should be stored in a folder called Music. Look in that folder, and see if it contains another folder also called Music.

If it does you may find all the duplicates in there.

If that’s not it, try the Bliss app which has some good features for cleaning up the mess that iTunes makes of your music!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom