Educate me re the lights on my 1200R

adventuredon

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My recently acquired 1200R is perplexing me...I start the bike, the headlight is on visibly -see the red square- ( I see a b and w image in my middle line of my dash telling me headlight is on) and I ride off. All good. But I also have a button on my left hand control that has a switch of a light with three dots. I have no idea what it does.. Without touching (now and again) i see a colored dash in green light up on the top row light up see blue square. What is it? Given that it only happens when I am riding, i cannot exactly look at my headlight :) Any ideas what it is or why it happens? Probably a simple answer but hey ho..

lights.JPG

When the green light is on, it is the daytime running light, when it is off dipped beam is on too.

OK, thats a fast reply. What DLR lights are there? I have spots with a separate on/off switch. Is the DLR in the headlight?

the lamp with A symbol on the LED indicates you have auto selected. You can toggle this setting by pressing the button with the same symbol.

In auto mode, in daylight you will use the daylight running light as default. In the dark or low light such as a tunnel the bike will automatically switch on the headlamp.

In non-auto mode, the headlamp is on full time, DRL is off.

You will need to have the engine running to see the system in operation when the bike is stationary. The headlamp relay does not kick in unless the alternator is spinning. I have the RS, the DRL is an obvious, vertical LED strip. No idea about the R.

the lamp with A symbol on the LED indicates you have auto selected. You can toggle this setting by pressing the button with the same symbol.

In auto mode, in daylight you will use the daylight running light as default. In the dark or low light such as a tunnel the bike will automatically switch on the headlamp.

In non-auto mode, the headlamp is on full time, DRL is off.

You will need to have the engine running to see the system in operation when the bike is stationary. The headlamp relay does not kick in unless the alternator is spinning. I have the RS, the DRL is an obvious, vertical LED strip. No idea about the R.
The green Auto mode light is only on until the headlight comes on automatically. Then it goes off. On the 5 series cars I had, the green headlight symbol came on when the system decided to fire up the headlights.

The green Auto mode light is only on until the headlight comes on automatically. Then it goes off. On the 5 series cars I had, the green headlight symbol came on when the system decided to fire up the headlights.
this makes sense. Recently its been on most of the time, so basically not dark enough to warrant headlight. I'll keep watching

Back
Top Bottom