First Impressions

Read your handbook maybe?

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk

The later post 16 plate clocks are much easier to read because they haven't got that stupid grey area around the outer edge,
If you think the 1200 lc has no soul after a hexhead, try a 1250 they may be more powerful but are reaching Honda level of blandness

The later post 16 plate clocks are much easier to read because they haven't got that stupid grey area around the outer edge,
If you think the 1200 lc has no soul after a hexhead, try a 1250 they may be more powerful but are reaching Honda level of blandness

Meanwhile,the Africa twin has more character in the lovely twin motor than any recent GS.And I’m pretty sure the V4 in the Crosstourer ain’t bland either.

I had a Hex head 2011 , great bike , but to call the new 1250 bland , really Neil , don't be silly and get you head out of your arse :D and own one before you make such a sweeping and uninformed statement , 4 riding mates have upgraded to the new 1250 from the 1200 lc and twin cam and 4 guys cant all be wrong when they say how bloody good the new bike isand the way it delivers its power , road presence etc.
As for the 1200 hex great but dated but still a capable bike .
If however you do own one I owe you a beer and an apology as owners can indeed comment and relate the findings of a term of riding and like or dislike .:beerjug:

Meanwhile,the Africa twin has more character in the lovely twin motor than any recent GS.And I’m pretty sure the V4 in the Crosstourer ain’t bland either.

Put the meths down Arsey …….. going to your head now :green gri:bounce1

Both are massively down on (kerb weight) torque compared to the 1250GS - around 29%.

Not as big a % when fully loaded but still a significant amount, particularly when touring two up when you need the torque most.

What is 'soul' and 'character' in an engine? Mine will not only rev to 9k smoothly, it will also potter in traffic at low engine speeds or power away from a bend at any point in between without a glitch.

Both are massively down on (kerb weight) torque compared to the 1250GS - around 29%.

Not as big a % when fully loaded but still a significant amount, particularly when touring two up when you need the torque most.

What is 'soul' and 'character' in an engine? Mine will not only rev to 9k smoothly, it will also potter in traffic at low engine speeds or power away from a bend at any point in between without a glitch.

I agree ,I can understand a house for example having character but a bike ?

I agree ,I can understand a house for example having character but a bike ?

Right , to explain.
A 1000cc bike will make you happy , put a smile on your face , inspire you to ride : Character - Nice : Soul - likeable
Same bike with nitros oxide : Character frightening Soul : trying to kill you
Simples

The Gs has a soul that makes me smile every time I ride it , a character that's like a good friend who always delivers no matter what and a wicked side that always remains controlled unless unleashed and unleashed with relentless purpose..

Squared of tyres feel horrible on a GS, that’s my experience (on my 5th 1200 since 2005) - my new Pilot Road Trail 5 feel very good so far, but I’m expecting them to feel crap when squared off too - we shall see.

Well i finally got to grips with the instuction manual tonight

Yes, shame i gave in and read the fecker lol.

I have now managed to the the digital speed in the Kombi working , and can confirm the auto suspension works lol

I just need to get the seat height sorted.

Apparantly there is an ultra low seat available, but it's a one piece unit, ( id rather have a singe seat), and it was pricey too !!

Alternativly anyine know of a good seat upholsterer in sussex or surrounding areas ?

Back
Top Bottom