Forza 350 or ADV 350?

My next scooter will be an ADV 350 thanks in part to Stever1 European trip and write up .... (y)
I went from Aberdeen to Africa on mine, you might have seen it on the ferry going pass Gib in September, if you had x-ray vision. My average speed on the 350 isn't probably much less than if I'd been on one of my GS's, and maybe less stressful than when I had ADV GS's. I did get beaten up a few times by Gib plated bikes going to Ronda via Jimena de la Frontera / Gaucin etc, but then cruised past them when they needed to stop for fuel.

Quite funny asking where people had been at Santander waiting for the ferry on the way back home, north Spain etc, and my dinky little, but big hearted bike, had been to another continent :DD Top box plus under-seat storage was easily enough for me, even if it did make me look like I was going out for the shopping rather than being on an "adventure".

Hope you enjoy the bike when you get it!

I went from Aberdeen to Africa on mine, you might have seen it on the ferry going pass Gib in September, if you had x-ray vision. My average speed on the 350 isn't probably much less than if I'd been on one of my GS's, and maybe less stressful than when I had ADV GS's. I did get beaten up a few times by Gib plated bikes going to Ronda via Jimena de la Frontera / Gaucin etc, but then cruised past them when they needed to stop for fuel.

Quite funny asking where people had been at Santander waiting for the ferry on the way back home, north Spain etc, and my dinky little, but big hearted bike, had been to another continent :DD Top box plus under-seat storage was easily enough for me, even if it did make me look like I was going out for the shopping rather than being on an "adventure".

Hope you enjoy the bike when you get it!
Very impressive John, well done 👍.

Another point for the 350 ADV, thanks for the info.

New Forza 350 ordered this afternoon to be delivered next week insha'Allah.
Thanks due to Stever1 for pointing me in the direction of Miles Kingsport of Hull.

Thanks. I've been prevaricating about changing the Burger for some time now and checked all of the options out at the NEC last year, the Forza was the one that ticked most of the boxes for me.
I'm laid up at the moment and am likely to be for some time so she'll be tucked up on trickle charge until I get better but the deal I was offered made it the right time to change.
It will also help to lift my current miserable mood. :(

Hope it cheers you up!

I got a Honda branded Optimate as a freebie with mine, don’t know if it was specific to my dealer or if it’s a Honda thing

What colour did you get? Did you get the smart top box?

I had a choice of red or light grey. I prefer the darker colours but again to get the deal I was happy to go with one of those that they had in stock and opted for the light grey. I already have a Givi top box on the Burger so they're fitting a Givi rack on the Forza. They're also fitting Oxford heated grips at a very good price. I'm sending them a spare Optimate lead that I have which they'll fit before delivery and they'll also remove my Sat. Nav. lead and mount when they get the Burger and post them to me so I can get them fitted to the Forza.

I'm hoping to do some longer trips on it once I'm able. I'm part way through the Wild Atlantic Way so that's an option but I also fancy France and Italy, possibly the Moto GP at Mugello.

Good morning Comrades, I hope you and yours are all well.
Have any of you with a Forza 350 added handguards to your scooter and if so whether or not you would recommend them please? I'm looking for something to keep as much wind and rain away from my hands as possible.
As usual TY in advance.

Slightly off piste. I have looked at a Forza and I really like the look of the ADV but I had to use my Rninet to ride up to central London the other day, train strike, and on the way home , battling with the traffic, I thought the SH350 would be a better bet. I didn’t buy the Forza as I thought it’d be too big for weaving in and out of traffic jams. Added bonus I imagine the SH is lower down on the thieves hit list!

Givi hand guards and Powerbronze Hugger ordered through the dealer who are going to fit them before delivery of the bike. I did ask about front fender extender but was advised no need as the mudguard goes a long way down - past the belly pan apparently.

Edit: I've also opted for the annual service plan.

Givi hand guards and Powerbronze Hugger ordered through the dealer who are going to fit them before delivery of the bike. I did ask about front fender extender but was advised no need as the mudguard goes a long way down - past the belly pan apparently.

Edit: I've also opted for the annual service plan.
I looked at the powerbronze hugger , but it was £110 more than the aliexpress one. Guess which one I bought 😀

1st ride on the Forza today. I didn't go far as my ankle's still not fully recovered but my initial impressions are good.
It's much smaller than the Burger and because of my ankle I had to sit with my feet flat down rather than stretched out which is the riding position I prefer on a scooter. The Forza feels taller, you sit on it rather than in it, unlike the Suzuki but because of this feet flat felt perfectly acceptable, certainly more so than the Suzuki. It's a much, much smoother engine, far less vibey and much nicer., the seat also seems to be more comfortable though I'll get a better idea of this when I do more miles than today. Fuel return is pretty good at roughly 75 MPG, I brimmed the tank and the range was showing an estimated 211 miles which would be wonderful if accurate.
The standard screen appears to be brilliant, although it's unseasonably mild it is quite windy and with the screen right up it appeared to be blowing over me rather than into me.
I was concerned about the Givi hand guards as they sit so far away from the handlebars I didn't see how they could be effective but I may have been wrong as again I felt nothing from the wind on my hands either. They do sit very close to the mirrors so I'm pleased I went for clear as dark may have reduced my rear visibility by as much50%.
Underseat storage is quite deceptive. It doesn't look great but holds more than you would think.
Areas for improvement? I'd like it to be slightly longer to allow for a full leg stretch and back lit switchgear should be standard on all bikes IMO as should cruise control and electric mirrors but overall I think I'm going to like her and am very much looking forward to getting some proper miles in on her.

Back
Top Bottom