Free Whisky....

Dutchman

Reaction score
....Okay, now I've got your attention, let's see how widely travelled we really are...........(inspired by a thread elsewhere on these forums)....

The photo below was taken at around 0930 today......

The questions are:

1) Where is it?
2) Which pre-1974 county is it in?
3) GPS Co-ordinates (to one decimal place)?
4) Who is commemorated by the steel sculpture?

The person who correctly answers all four questions will receive a bottle of Balvenie Doublewood 12yr old whisky and I will pledge £50.00 to the UKGS'er Challenge....

The only clues you're going to get can be found in the photo's I took today: http://www.bmwridersscotland.com/GalleryTwo.htm#12june04

Good luck!!:beer:

Attachments

• dutchgs038.jpg
    dutchgs038.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 389
Unbelievable.......

...nobody else want to try for a free bottle of Scotland's finest................?

Questions too difficult, for all you well travelled GS'ers........?

Or, perhaps, nobody likes single malt............?

Let's support the UKGS'er Challenge, with less than a month before they set off.....!

Cheers

Dutch

Attachments

• balvenie_double_wood_12y.png
    balvenie_double_wood_12y.png
    50.2 KB · Views: 234
Hmm

Haven't got a clue, obviously haven't been home to Scotland enough lately. As for Scotland's finest, surely you mean this

or something VERY special like this :))

Oops

Try that again with the images linked in...

This
laphroaig.jpg

or this

springbank21.jpg

mmmmm

You were on Whita Hill above my home town of Langholm in Dumfriesshire. The sculpture is the Memorial to Christopher Murray Grieve, aka Hugh McDiarmid. 55.16 N / 2.96 W

It's only taken me 6 months to see this thread....:eek:

Re: Oops

franco said:
Try that again with the images linked in...

This
laphroaig.jpg

or this

springbank21.jpg

mmmmm

No, I definately mean the Doublewood........my brother-in-law is a whisky distiller for Balvennie.......got cases of the stuff in my garage.......;)

Cheers:friday

Dutch

Schtum said:
You were on Whita Hill above my home town of Langholm in Dumfriesshire. The sculpture is the Memorial to Christopher Murray Grieve, aka Hugh McDiarmid. 55.16 N / 2.96 W

It's only taken me 6 months to see this thread....:eek:

Hi Mike

Looks like your the winner!!

Given that we're both in Edinburgh it shouldn't be too difficult for you to acquire you bottle & I'll donate £50.00 to the UKGS'er Challenge today!

Just e-mail/pm me so we can arrange to meet up....

Cheers

Dutch

Re: Re: Oops

Dutchman said:
No, I definately mean the Doublewood........my brother-in-law is a whisky distiller for Balvennie.......got cases of the stuff in my garage.......;)

Cheers:friday

Dutch

I'll be in Scotland this weekend, looking for a place to crash out for the night ..can you help me out. In the "spirit" of Christmas and mangers and all that stuff, even a garage would be fine :D :D

Rob

Re: Re: Re: Oops

franco said:
I'll be in Scotland this weekend, looking for a place to crash out for the night ..can you help me out. In the "spirit" of Christmas and mangers and all that stuff, even a garage would be fine :D :D

Rob

Franco......let me get this straight......you want me to let you sleep in a garage full of booze.................?

I don't think so!

However, we have a nice comfy guest room, which you're more than welcome to use....pm/e-mail me to arrange.......

Cheers

Dutch

Back
Top Bottom