Fuel Leak on fuel pump / fuel line connector 2006 GS

MILLE_RIDER

Reaction score
Noticed a whiff of fuel today and on inspection there is a leak on the connector for the fuel pump / main fuel line. It is the female side atop the fuel pump/tank that is leaking. Found this vid on youtube
where the guy replaces the plastic BMW fitting with an better (presumably) metal replacement but for the life of me I can't make out the make of the replacement part that he gives 50 seconds in, something voneyard? I'm hoping one of you has better ears or recognises the make. Motorworks list the metal replacement on the female side but not the male and I'd quite like to replace both. Motorworks parts here https://www.motorworks.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?q=FUA01006A

I got the motorworks link from a previous post on here "2004 Fuel Pump pissing petrol after 3 years dormant", very useful :)

I think you will find that it is Beamer Boneyard in the USA.
If it is the female plastic part on the top of the fuel pump housing that is cracked there was a recall by BMW on this.
They fitted a metal collar to help support it and if cracked they replaced the whole pump assembly.

check with dealership - bikes around this time got a recall some point 2014 - 2017 ? for a free pump due to some bit fracturing - might be outstanding on ur bike

I think you will find that it is Beamer Boneyard in the USA.
If it is the female plastic part on the top of the fuel pump housing that is cracked there was a recall by BMW on this.
They fitted a metal collar to help support it and if cracked they replaced the whole pump assembly.
Yep, that'll be it, so it was a parts dealer, much like Motorworks, rather than the actual manufacturer. Thanks for the info on the recall, that is exactly what needs looking at, I wonder how many weeks it will be before I can get the local BMW dealer to look at it :rolleyes:

check with dealership - bikes around this time got a recall some point 2014 - 2017 ? for a free pump due to some bit fracturing - might be outstanding on ur bike
it is outstanding, I've had the bike from new, I got the recall notice and ignored it, if it's not broken don't fix it etc, lesson learned :(. I heard horror stories about folk getting landed with big repair bills when taking their bikes in for a recall on wheel nuts or some such when the stealer couldn't do the warranty work without replacing some other parts not covered (my memory may well be wrong on this)

Thanks for your replies, I will contact Coopers in Tun Wells to see when they could look at it but may just buy the the plastic part from Motorworks to get me on the road. It's probably been weeping for a while but now I know about it I can't ignore it

no doubt they are crooks - the typical one they have to get the biggest pay day is to see if their records show a 2 yearly brake fluid change - if not plug it in and run the cheat to trigger the brushes to fail - but its OK as they never go wrong according to people on this forum...

Thanks for your replies, I will contact Coopers in Tun Wells to see when they could look at it but may just buy the the plastic part from Motorworks to get me on the road. It's probably been weeping for a while but now I know about it I can't ignore it
Not sure that you can buy the female connector as I think it is part of the fuel pump / filter housing. There is little change from £500 for the assembly).
Hence go for the recall, The pumps are not available as a separate part either but the £23 pumps from ebay are good.
If ever tempted to use the Chinese copies of these Q/D connectors they are fine in pairs but do not marry up to the BMW connectors, there is an 0.5 mm difference .

Back
Top Bottom