Glen Clova and beyond. A week in Scotland.

top post

Just got back from a 3 day trip to Scotland, and it brings it all flashing back. Missed all the rain apart from the run back to Manchester. All i can say is if you have never been to Scotland, but keep going to Europe, you have missed out on some of the most stunning sights in the world, and its all on your doorstep. What a place , it never ceases to amaze me.
Just a pity about a) the over zealous traffic warden in Fort William, did'nt stick a parking ticket on a german plated bike but stuck it on mine instead:spitfire , and b) them feckin midges:mad: :mad: really get on ya wick !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love the place, visit it an you will too.:thumb :thumb :thumb

Aidan,

Great write-up. Where did you get all that good weather???? I spent the week in you homeland and got rained on every day!!! :thedummy .
......well there were some nice part days......

Thanks all for your kind comments. :eek: :eek:

Sorry you didn't get the weather Scott, but the room is still here for you if you make it across again in fairer climes. :thumb2

Love the pics Aidan:thumb2 Glad to hear you got the bike sorted!!:D

Just got back from Gods own country myself. Brought back loads of great memories. Thanks for the report,:clap top class.:thumb2 :thumb2

ORCA:beerjug:

Thanks all for your kind comments. :eek: :eek:

Sorry you didn't get the weather Scott, but the room is still here for you if you make it across again in fairer climes. :thumb2

I'm not complaining...wouldn't right to go to Ireland and complain about rain now would it?

Thanks for the offer...hope to take you up on it some day.

Yippeee, :bounce1 Aidan, your report certainly clinched the deal, she said I could go to
Scotland myself, if I thought it was more important to me than my marriage.:bounce1 :clap :bounce1 :clap :D Can't wait.:thumb2

Great write-up & I love the pics :thumb2 :clap

Den said:
Hi Mandy. (does she ever stop talking).

Nope :blast

Yippeee, :bounce1 Aidan, your report certainly clinched the deal, she said I could go to
Scotland myself, if I thought it was more important to me than my marriage.:bounce1 :clap :bounce1 :clap :D Can't wait.:thumb2

So when are we off then :nenau I know a big boll1x who could lead the expedition :D And lets face it, the weather couldn't be any worse than here :augie

What an absolutely fantastic write up. You have inspired me to get the bike out and have a long weekend up there very soon.

I'll say it again - brillaint write up one of the very best ever and superb photos, you should send it in to one of the bike mags for publishing.

Well done

AndyT:thumb2

What a great report!

Aidan - cracking report. Held me spellbound at the end of the working day and I had to finish reading it and write this before I could switch off and go home.

Phone rings (should have gone home stupid!)

10 minutes later ...

Thanks for the report - I can see from the maps you have a GPS route/track - any chance of a copy?
:thumb2
Neil

Hi Neil, thanks for the comments and it was good to see you at Glen Clova. :thumb2

I can see from the maps you have a GPS route/track - any chance of a copy?

I did those wee maps up on Autoroute just for the purposes of illustrating each days ride. I only really used the GPS to find the hotel in Inverness and Motorrad Central in Bishopbriggs. Sorry. :eek:

Scotland Nowhere Like it

But then I would be biased

Hi Aiden

GREAT ride report and photo's mate,nice to have met you and Mandy at the G.of the C's.
Hope your return to God's country later in the year is as enjoyable.

Schultz

Aidan

Cracking report on your jaunt, nice one. I'm not really surprised that despite the forecast you got so much sun, Mandy did tell me that the sun shines on the righteous and you had about half sun by the looks of it. One of you must be sorted then.... I know now who to follow on a bike trip in these islands to get the help with the weather.

Scott - what did you do wrong?!

And good to meet you guys at GOTC, great craic :beerjug:

Cheers
Alastair

Well Aidan what can I say that has not already been said Kamerad

What great pics and ride report, you are so eloquent Kameraden, espec to us semi dyslexic type folks :rob

The 'very very' long wait was worth it I guess the Dukes pass I enjoyed for the first time 20 yrs ago on an owl K100rt, actually it was new then 1985 but it didn't stop me buffing everything off it anyway :D

The falls at Killin and Grantown on Spey would also be 2 of my favourite spots in Scotland among many others. I stay at Grantown often with the Woodiers, here off ee goes to find some pics ...

Altnaharra and Bettyhill are another couple of favourites. Havn't had the pleasure of Skerray/Loch Erribou yet though :thumb

Loved the Deer shots by Durness and would have liked to stay at Invergarry Hotel ... :eek:

You were also lucky to manage an audience with his Highness, mere mortals like moi were not so lucky :augie

Anyway what a great report Aidan, and you managed some decent weather also. I particularly liked your comment;

"I had often read that over every hill and around every bend in Scotland the view changes. I thought that this was an exaggeration, but man is it so true. The scenery is so achingly beautiful that neither words, nor pictures can really do it justice."

What a quote ... this just sums up Scotland for me :thumb2

I know these spots which are special for me and they really strike some chords

Tu16.jpg

W1.jpg

favourite pic

Fr2.jpg

Also like this line :D

"We will return. We have unfinished business on the Isle of Mull. "

There will always be unfinished business in Scotland for me ;)

i.e. an excuse to return :beerjug:

Zum Wohl, ... Deano :clap :clap :clap

you have probably just done more for the Scottish Tourist board than they could have done themselves,what a great report and pictures showing just how beautiful Scotland is and loved your comment about different scenery around every corner,but remember you live in a beautiful country as well. i was over two years ago on a tdm and had a great time in the north and Donegal,great people and scenery.Sometimes its easy to forget whats on our doorsteps until i read a report like yours and wait till you see Mull,its beautiful and well worth a long visit

Back
Top Bottom