France and Spain June 2022

stirtloe

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Bit late.

This is the trip we did in Jun 22 to France and Spain; my wife’s intro to bike touring as she had only passed her test a few months beforehand, albeit she had been a pillion for the last 25 years or so.

The account and route is on this Polar Steps log. I have added the details of where we stayed. Most of which came from recommendations from this forum; the remainder were where I prioritised safe parking for the bikes. I can particularly recommend the Air BnB in Girona. The first night’s accommodation was arranged at the last moment. We were due to camp but it was forecast to, and did, lash down so I opted for the dry option. Nice place but no evening meal in the immediate area.

Enjoy and thanks to all who have gone before who provided the information that informed the trip.

Nice report, and I like the look of that app, though it seems to draw straight lines between destinations, be nicer if it tracked the actual traces of the roads ridden.

Nice report, and I like the look of that app, though it seems to draw straight lines between destinations, be nicer if it tracked the actual traces of the roads ridden.
Thank you. It would be better if you could meld to the .gpx

Here is a (near enough correct) version of the route that stirtloe took:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/66ucoff5ulqpgj99qmd9q/222.gpx?rlkey=vak7gblle4xelyx9lqc2n8058&dl=0

proper.jpg

==========

I have edited the later posts in this thread quite heavily, taking out correspondence where we tried to make stirtloe’s GPX file work. Lee triumphed in the end.

Richard

PS If nothing else, prior to editing, it did show the danger in possibly downloading a GPX file, but then not checking that it is not innocently corrupted as this one was, before Lee kindly mended it. It would be a sad thing to discover half way to Calais, leaving you shouting at your GPS device and your holiday in tatters.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom