Google tech support??? FeedBurner issue.

sparkplug

Landlord
Mod Squad
Solutions
Reaction score
second from the left, third from the right
Bit of an odd one which I'm hoping someone can help with.

I was checking my firewall logs (something which I don't very often need to do) and came across a request for a FeedBurner feed which seems to happen every few seconds.

http://feeds.feedburner.com/CiscoBlogSmallBusiness?

:nenau I'm pretty sure I've never signed up for that, but who knows maybe I did at some point. I do have a Cisco Small Business Access Point so it sounds vaguely plausible.

So, I've read the 'how to disable FeedBurner feeds' stuff and I've logged into my various Google accounts and none of them have the feed listed.

My firewall also tells me the IP address of the laptop which is sending these requests (I have them setup so that DHCP is done by MAC address, so I know it's a specific machine).

The laptop in question did get used to sign in to an old work Gmail account for which I no longer have access so I can't check if the feed is on that account.

So, I thought I'd contact google tech support only to discover that they don't really seem to have one :blast

Does anyone know if there is a secret way to contact Google tech support?

Or, if there is a way to find out what it is that is triggering this feed request at OS level or browser level or wherever it's coming from?

MacOS Sierra 10.12.6
Safari 12.1.2

I tried using Terminal to edit the host table (sudo nano /etc/hosts) to block the feed, but the firewall still showed it firing off it's request every few seconds.

I suppose I could try blocking the IP 92.242.132.24 - but I guess that's subject to change and I also suspect that whatever is trying to get the feed will still try every few seconds even if it can't get through.

I'd really like to figure out where the request is coming from and kill it dead.

Any help gratefully received :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom