GPR full system review

Tripleblack13

Reaction score
So
Santa delivered me a set of GPR headers to fit my GPR Furore end can. Having now fitted it and ridden for a few days I thought I'd drop a review in.

Build quality and value.

The stainless steel Headers cost Santa around £300 and the end can about the same. I have to say the build quality for the price is really quite good. The end can is some way off what you'd expect from Remus or Akra for example but still pretty good all the same. The headers however are somewhat better. A friend has just bought some akra stainless steel headers and the build quality and finish it better than the GPR but not a million miles off, certainly not enough to justify the extra cost.
I spent a few hours with some polishing mops and polishing paste and managed to get the headers almost mirror finish. Now after a couple of hundred miles the headers have started to go blue and gold where they meet the cyclinder heads.

Fitting.

I really enjoyed fitting the items. I took the lambda probes off at the connectors and the exhaust flap cables. All was pretty easy, and easy to reinstall. After a bit of juggling the headers fitted onto the studs. They were very slightly out of alignment but flexed enough to fit into place. Everything else lined up well and the end can fitted nicely.

Sound

I've left the end can DB killer and baffle in which was a good thing as the exhaust is noticeably louder. Not antisocial but but louder all the same. However the tone has changed totally. It has fabulously aggressive snarl. A mate who was following yesterday on his Rnine-t loved it. Said when I gave it the full berries it sounded like a Nascar ! At low revs and small throttle openings it rumbles but with the taps open it produces I tone I've never heard from a boxer engine. I love it.

Power.

Bike has already been hill-topped. It's a euro 4 2017 GSA 7k miles. It's hard to comment as to power, I'm gonna take it back to Geoff albeit I know he'll say the map will self adjust but I want to do a dyno run to see the difference. However, on the road the engine differences are quite noticeable. The bike now has an urgency, enthusiasm and 'zing' that wasn't there before. The instant grunt is really enjoyable as is the extra mid range roll-on. It seems to rev more freely with reduced mid range hesitancy that the euro4 had albeit the remap had got rid of most of that. I think throttle openings for a given speed may also be reduced - it could be me but it does seem to be quicker for less throttle.

Overall I'm really pleased. The combination of noise and extra zest that the engine has is quite addictive. Bring on dry roads, a bit of warmth and daylight.

For me, bang for buck its unbeatable and I wish I'd done it sooner on all my bikes.

I'll post pics once I've all the road crud that the last few days has spread across the bike and when I've seen Geoff I'll post dyno charts

:aidan:aidan

If you have no panniers does it melt them?

Thanks for the review :thumb2 I am interested in an exhaust system however I don't have much appetite for Akra prices. Do you have any pic of it fitted?

Back
Top Bottom