Gs 1300 insurance.

My renewal runs out on February 29 . And i just turned 76 i spent all morning on the phone trying to get cover with 10 years no claims bonus. £23 k 1300gs .Bemoto no quote .Carol Nash no Quote. No quote. BMW Devitt no quote..Bennets no quote. Bikesure who I am with now want £1350..no tracker or £1220 with a tracker . I spoke to my local bmw dealer who said bmw insurance (devits). Are changing to new underwriters in march to solve this problem of age and big values

I have a bespoke policy offer today from mckenzie Hodson of £700 which is £600 cheaper than my renewal .its £300 more than my 1250 policy.

Good grief, that's like one of those mental arithmetic Mensa puzzles. Like: John had an insurance offer, if................... what was the 1250 policy cost?
I have a bespoke policy offer today from mckenzie Hodson of £700 which is £600 cheaper than my renewal .its £300 more than my 1250 policy.

Good grief, that's like one of those mental arithmetic Mensa puzzles. Like: John had an insurance offer, if................... what was the 1250 policy cost?

Picking up a new 1300 on Saturday . I am with Bikesure. .i have 9 years NCB. I want 8000 miles per year .the value i put was a conservative £23 value on it .i. am 75 years old . Last year I paid about £400 incl kit . Bikesure £1200. Bemoto want £680 . Plus a tracker fitted .any one else getting robbed
£681 for 1300GS & my 900 Tiger GT Pro is £155. The GTP is worth about half that of the GS in cash terms but the insurers are taking th p**s as it's a new machine.

The 1300gs is now appearing on comparison sites. I tried it today via comparethemarket & approx 7 quotes came up. They were all high excesses though, around £1k.

The 1300gs is now appearing on comparison sites. I tried it today via comparethemarket & approx 7 quotes came up. They were all high excesses though, around £1k.
just checked now on confused.com and they are indeed, 19 quotes coming back on confused.com , one for £600 (Lexham) with a £1250 excess, rest all up at £1000 ish mark for me so think I will stick.

I can get loads of quotes all under £700
No tracker

Insured mine with Devitt - less than £500
That sounds pretty good compared to my quotes, i have full no claims , been riding for decades, clean licence, think the west yorkshire factor bumps it up for me, lots of vehicle crime.

That sounds pretty good compared to my quotes, i have full no claims , been riding for decades, clean licence, think the west yorkshire factor bumps it up for me, lots of vehicle crime.
I am 67
9yrs no claims (at least)
6000 miles. Per year
Excess £750

Suppose it depends upon which part of West Yorkshire. I've run a quote for 22k 1300 on one of the comparison sites, came out at £600ish.

Most BD postcodes for sure, But WF ok. I normally get it cheaper from the likes of Devit or Bike insurer when I ring them.

Suppose it depends upon which part of West Yorkshire. I've run a quote for 22k 1300 on one of the comparison sites, came out at £600ish.

Most BD postcodes for sure, But WF ok. I normally get it cheaper from the likes of Devit or Bike insurer when I ring them.
HX here but close to the motorway. i left it a bit late as only found out bike ready day before. I used to know a guy who worked in an insurance pricing team that works on the algorithms and he said they increase the quotes if its just before the policy start date.

Currently insured with Hasting on my 2020 1250 Adventure Rallye HP, policy runs until Oct. Phoned up to get a price to change to a 1300 TE and the answer was they declined to quote. Somewhat surprising, but at least they’ll waive any cancellation fee for me.

Regarding your statement about 70 year old crashing a lot more . I think you are talking out of your A——e .i am 76 ride 8 k a year lead at least 25 ride outs a year incl Europe. I believe i am riding faster and safer now at 76. Than when ii was at 30 years old . i have only one claim in the last 100 k miles . Which was non fault off mine

I’m surprised it’s not free.

Such a lot of comments that have nothing to do with ‘GS1300 Insurance’
Another thread needed maybe?

I have now heavily edited the thread, which started life in the 1300 ‘Technical’ section. It took a while, as you might imagine.

You are though correct, most of the posts had as much to do with the insurance of a new 1300 motorcycle, as I have to do with morris dancing.

Richard

Last edited:
£681 for 1300GS & my 900 Tiger GT Pro is £155. The GTP is worth about half that of the GS in cash terms but the insurers are taking th p**s as it's a new machine.
Just done another check & Hastings came out at £616 for a 1300GS & £143 for my 900 Tiger GT Pro.
So, prices are reducing as most here thought.

Back
Top Bottom