Headlight “pro”

Mark Hooton

Cymarcbikeparts
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Guys/Gals, far from BMW bashing (I’ve a few Inc a car) but I’ve gotta express a (rare) negative observation - I’ve just finished some night riding on the north York moors and the headlight is pitiful.

I’ve got the headlight “pro” whatever the Fekk that means but I think it stands for “prolapse” cos that’s all it’s good for.

Otherwise awesome bike, 200 mile range and so so comfy (for me) it’s amazing.

But I think I’ll be fitting Denali’s as soon as I can……

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys/Gals, far from BMW bashing (I’ve a few Inc a car) but I’ve gotta express a (rare) negative observation - I’ve just finished some night riding on the north York moors and the headlight is pitiful.

I’ve got the headlight “pro” whatever the Fekk that means but I think it stands for “prolapse” cos that’s all it’s good for.

Otherwise awesome bike, 200 mile range and so so comfy (for me) it’s amazing.

But I think I’ll be fitting Denali’s as soon as I can……

Thanks for the heads up - good to know. While you’re fitting the Denalis at the front, an extra rear light could be useful to improve safety given the confusing combined light, brake light and indicator units.

Sooner or later, the day will come to replace my 2021 GS with 1300. That is why I read everything I can find about it. One thing I know for sure, I will try to bring those rear lights as close as possible to a classic look. There are some aftermarket gadgets (saw few videos from "The Bike Thing" YouTube Channel) that can help with that. And I will install the central rear light.

Thanks for the heads up - good to know. While you’re fitting the Denalis at the front, an extra rear light could be useful to improve safety given the confusing combined light, brake light and indicator units.

I do agree - I’m not a great lover of the current set up

Sooner or later, the day will come to replace my 2021 GS with 1300. That is why I read everything I can find about it. One thing I know for sure, I will try to bring those rear lights as close as possible to a classic look. There are some aftermarket gadgets (saw few videos from "The Bike Thing" YouTube Channel) that can help with that. And I will install the central rear light.

Yup I think that would be a good idea

Is it the distance of the headlight throw or the spread of the light that's a problem?. On main beam, dip, or both?.
What was your previous bike headlight like that you are comparing it with?. Would BMW fog lights fix the problem?

Is it the distance of the headlight throw or the spread of the light that's a problem?. On main beam, dip, or both?.
What was your previous bike headlight like that you are comparing it with?. Would BMW fog lights fix the problem?

It’s the distance and brilliance of the light on full beam. Dip seems just as weak.

It’s the distance and brilliance of the light on full beam. Dip seems just as weak.

I have a 1250gs 2022 with the LED mechanical adaptive light and it's the best headlight I've ever had on a bike(including a 2019 1250gs) . I've ordered a 1300gs with the LED matrix headlight Pro and will be very dissappointed if the headlight is worse than the 1250. Do you think there's something wrong with yours?? some other reports have said it's the best headlight they've had (and that's comparing it with a 1250 LED). Be interesting to see what your dealer says when you tell them. I'll certainly be complaining if it is worse than te 1250gs as I've paid an extra £460 for the headlight Pro option :) .

I have a 1250gs 2022 with the LED mechanical adaptive light and it's the best headlight I've ever had a bike(including a 2019 1250gs) . I've ordered a 1300gs with the LED matrix headlight Pro and will be very dissappointed if the headlight is worse than the 1250. Do you think there's something wrong with yours?? some other reports have said it's the best headlight they've had (and that's comparing it with a 1250 LED). Be interesting to see what your dealer says when you tell them. I'll certainly be complaining if it is worse than te 1250gs as I've paid an extra £460 for the headlight Pro option :) .

Well hopefully it’s just ‘me’ and the light is good but I’m only expressing what I think.

Perhaps my eyes are going as I get older?

Perhaps there is something wrong with mine?

Hopefully other lads might be able to share what they think?

On the rear of the headlight unit behind the high beam is a knob, this is the vertical height adjuster.... Go play with your knob adjust the beam height to your liking.

I pulled an image from ebay to illustrate what I mean
s-l1600.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
On the rear of the headlight unit behind the high beam is a knob, this is the vertical height adjuster.... Go play with your knob adjust the beam height to your liking.

Thanks fella, I love playing with my knob

But seriously, I get what you are saying - adjustment works - however nonetheless it’s just still ‘weak’

I will struggle with that then, my car has factory Xenons and I have upgraded and adjusted those because they weren't bright enough for my liking, it is 10 years old though.

Hopefully I can get my GS soon and see what you mean about them being weak.

I will struggle with that then, my car has factory Xenons and I have upgraded and adjusted those because they weren't bright enough for my liking, it is 10 years old though.

Hopefully I can get my GS soon and see what you mean about them being weak.

Yup - let me know eh?

I pulled an image from ebay to illustrate what I mean
View attachment 293041
Think the image will be the 1250 headlight won't it??. Not the 1300.

Did you go with uprated Xenons or change them to LED's? I'm considering doing something to uprate those on my Yeti.

Think the image will be the 1250 headlight won't it??. Not the 1300.
Yeah it's a 1250 headlight but there should be a similar vertical aim adjuster on the 1300, I'm calling in to my dealer tomorrow for an update on my bike so I will have a look and snap a pic.
Did you go with uprated Xenons or change them to LED's? I'm considering doing something to uprate those on my Yeti.
Yes, I fitted Osram Night Breaker Laser Xenarc's after watching some comparison videos these won every test for beam pattern and light output.
The LED's put up against them were only a couple of % brighter than standard in D3S fitment. compared to 134% for the Night Breaker in This test

I had a close look at a 1300 today and I can't see such an obvious headlight adjuster but there is a shrouded screw head which must be it.

Attachments

• IMG20231120121337.jpg
    IMG20231120121337.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 45

Back
Top Bottom