Headlight bolts

samuelsnow

Reaction score
Just a quick tip to check your headlight mounting bolt/s. I lost one of mine at 900 miles somewhere between Poole and London. Vines replaced it promptly and said they have had a few bikes in with them missing. Apparently BMW don't like using threadlock as it may need removing during servicing but I'm considering it. I also saw that someone had lost one on a thread here.

My headlight bolts are fine, but I've just noticed that I've lost one of the two screws holding on the square heatsink on the right hand side of the bike...not sure what part it's on. Think I'll give the thing the once over tomorrow to make sure nothing else has dropped off.

Headlamp bolt vibration cure

Hi, a cure for the bolts vibrating loose, threadlock is not good to use as the threads in the headlamp are set into plastic & may damage headlamp casing on removal..
Easy cure is remove torx bolts, with a small hammer 'ding' a small flat on the threads, (just enough to make the bolts tight on reinstallation) works with mine as they kept coming loose after 100 miles ish, they cant be overtighted because the headlamp is rubber mounted to protect bulbs etc.

Back
Top Bottom