Help & advice prepping an X Challenge for almost RTW trip

AFAIK yes. I assume the problem was the larger diameter Remus header sitting closer to the pipe than standard. Lower the back of the sliencer and the front will pivot upwards.

I see................. I'm using the standard header and find it ok on the front pipe with the Remus road silencer and CAT

I think the bike goes 'better' with the OEM standard silencer though

Thanks for posting the photo. It's a different hose to the one i've had problems with.

I'll check my bike now to make sure there aren't any issues brewing.

Johnny,you need to knock the cat out, its about 50mm long, take out the silencer insert , youll see theres hardly any hole for the exhaust gases and cut the end off so theres full flow through. It wont be much louder but youll notice a big difference when riding and you can always weld it back on if you want.

AFAIK yes. I assume the problem was the larger diameter Remus header sitting closer to the pipe than standard. Lower the back of the sliencer and the front will pivot upwards.

I've managed to fit a full remus system to mine, and lifted the can up, so it fits into the underside of the plastics better.

besides, i thought the original "strap" they supplied was a cop-out and a bit lazy. The same fitting arrangement bugged me with the scorpion can i tried.

Also the standard strap didn't work with the r+g tail tidy, which is another reason i've lifted the can up, but apart from restraining the hose that comes down from the rad to the water pump, i don't think i've any issues.

This hose on my bike has less slack than stadard, as i've got a pace radiator fitted.

All in all i'm quite pleased with my efforts with an anvil and a welder for a few hours :)

Home

1100kms yesterday back to london my day ride ever, glad i have done it and never again, French motorways are expensive and boring at least there is a 130kph limit.

Oh and I did run out of gas. The XC is thirsty at 130kph, thankfully a french highway road service truck stopped and we put the bike in the back for the 20ks to the fuel station.

I was very lucky to get out of that so easily.

Clayton,

The bike came out great, looks the ducks nuts and should be a fine trusty steed wherever your adventures take you. :friday

How much did the Touratech subframe set you back?
bikes and built my own share, and if I ever get an X-Challenge it will end up very similar.

Safe

Found the receipt for the frame Euro 423 from TT holland.

one of the best mods, pivot pegs with CJ racing extenders.

6821869133_2cfba093a9_b.jpg

6821868697_90d69698b0_b.jpg

http://www.cjdesignsllc.com/footpeg.html

Nice pegs for sure Clayton. Walter and I are going with the new Fastway Adventure pegs on the Husabergs, they are similar in size but I'd like to try out the pivoting action at some point.

The fast way look the business, I was unsure about the pivot pegs but after attaching the extenders and the 17days on the XC i am a convert.

Fastway say they don't do a set of adventure pegs for the XC. Anyone know what other bikes have the same pegs?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HI I am preping my bike for a big trip (about 40,000 miles ) and trying to work a few things out.
has anybody tryed using a reusable s/steel oil filter on there x challenge?
I have seen a few people have had problems with your fuel pumps . What was it that failed ?? is it possible to fix at the side of the trail ?? what parts were needed??
The other thing I have been thinking about is fitting an oil cooler . ( I have a big rally sump guard blocking a lot of air flo ) . as a few people have experianced there x challenge getting a bit to hot . I was also thinking of fitting a second fan that will have a manual switch any one any tips ?:

The other thing I have been thinking about is fitting an oil cooler . ( I have a big rally sump guard blocking a lot of air flo ) . as a few people have experianced there x challenge getting a bit to hot . I was also thinking of fitting a second fan that will have a manual switch any one any tips ?:

Ditch the standard radiator for a pace item, and ditch the standard front fender for one of stefans items, so your new radiator won't fill up with shite.

The radiator topic is well covered on another thread in this section. I've had no issues at all with my bike since i replaced the radiator.

Back
Top Bottom