Help please !

logyk

Reaction score
I am currently in Slovenia - shortly heading down to Dubrovnic.

I have noticed that my front tyre is getting a little short of tread and is likely to need replacing soon.

Does anyone know if it is possible to get tyres changed in the south of Croatia ?

Any details would be much appreciated.

I am assuming you practice being helpful - or maybe you work in customer services.

CROATIA ZAGREB

Dear Customer, for further information please contact Pirelli Importers.

CONTACT DETAILS
MotoBox d.o.o.
Trondheimska 13 (shop adress) 21000 Split
Phone / fax 00385 21 374 263
E-mail: matko@motogume.hr
http://www.motogume.hr
I am currently in Slovenia - shortly heading down to Dubrovnic.

I have noticed that my front tyre is getting a little short of tread and is likely to need replacing soon.

Does anyone know if it is possible to get tyres changed in the south of Croatia ?

Any details would be much appreciated.

best i can do,got it off the net. failing that call at www.jakirusa.com. nice b and b. the owners son rides a gs11,he will know where to get one.

If you are still in Slovenia I have a biker mate based near Skofja Loka (not far from lubljiana) . PM me if you need his contact details

ali

Thanks guys - the Split option looks good as I plan on passing there twice during my trip. My faith in this forum is restored.

I am assuming you practice being helpful - or maybe you work in customer services.

No mate I operate buses and get to deal with stupid thick fuckers all day long.

You are the one in Slovenia, you are the one with a bald front tyre, you are the one connecting to the internet to ask a UK based motorcycle forum for somebody to help you. You managed to get connected to here so why not Google ?

Do you not have a phrase book to enable you to converse at a bike shop, garage, filling station ? Have you tried talking to a local biker ?

What do the Slovenians do when their tyres need replacing ?

So get your tyres sorted and enjoy the rest of your trip and post up a report when you get back.

Hope i never end up on one o your buses. Yeah we can all Google but the whole idea of summit like this is that you can fall back on folk YOU could consider mates.

You my friend are a fellow subscriber, and should you need help I would do all that I could to assist, should I be in a position to do so. :)

1./ I believe the above to be as true as previous comments. :thumb2
2./ Ditto. If i could in future assist-i would.
3./ I've got great help here myself in the past.
4./ But FIRST i explore all obvious avenues to help myself before asking here.

5./ Enjoy your trip, Slovenia is full of lovely women. ;)

You my friend are a fellow subscriber, and should you need help I would do all that I could to assist, should I be in a position to do so. :)

That sort of attitude defies logyk.

:beerjug:

PS I'm here all week. Try the veal.

Hope i never end up on one o your buses. Yeah we can all Google but the whole idea of summit like this is that you can fall back on folk YOU could consider mates.

But Noddy does make a very good point in his post....

Thanks Wapping - that will come in very useful if I happen to find a tyre fitter who doesn't speak english ........I am somewhat shamed to find that most of the people over here are fluent in english and I hardly know a word of their language.

Ogmios - the reason I posted here is that I am aware that a number of people who frequent the site have been to Croatia and I was rather hoping for a recommendation before letting a tyre fitter loose on my bike, just as I would in the UK (although I can ask my mates there). I have seen some damaged wheels from poor fitters. More importantly I agree with you about the women .....stunners everywhere you look in Ljubljana !!

Roberto - are you anywhere near Ljubljana, if so I am happy to buy you a few drinks tonight as I have enjoyed your reports in the past.

Update

Well I made it to Split and found Marko of MotoBox D.o.o. at his works. He was very helpful and I was impressed by the fact that he had my tyre in stock and agreed to hold it for me until my return from Dubrovnic, later in the coming week. I watched his fitter at work and I will let the forum know how the fitting goes (charge £12.50) when it is done. Hopefully I will be able to report that there is a good option available for new tyres for those travelling to Croatia.

On a separate note I bumped into a BMW rider in Ljubljana, who put me in touch with Rakela of BMW Klub Split. Although Rakela was away when I arrived in Split, he arranged for 2 of the Klub members to meet and show me around. They also arranged an invitation to a wedding party in a mountain hut above the Adriatic coastline.....live band, local food including fish, lamb and pork cooked over an open fire and a great bunch of people. Their hospitality was humbling.

Particular thanks to Stipe and Miro who spent time making sure I enjoyed my stay in Split.

Irony of ironies ..........Stipe took me on a ride this morning as part of my journey to Dubrovnic. He was going to visit his parents and took me on an amazing road through the mountains avoiding the D8. We ended up at his parents house where I was offered refreshments, before I continued my journey to Dubrovnic.

His parents only own Jakirusa which has been the subject of a number of approving posts on this forum ........small world indeed !

The Dalmatian people appear to me to be very open, friendly and hospitable. I can thoroughly recommend a visit.

Glad you got sorted old chap. Enjoy the rest of your trip :thumb2

Isn't it a pre requisite of going to foreign lands the practising of a few phrases and interacting with the locals? Surely this was an opportunity to engage in dialogue and wild hand gesturing with the local flip flop emporiums and tyre fitting artisans to assess whether they are better or worse than their UK equivalents......:aidan

Well I made it to Split and found Marko of MotoBox D.o.o. at his works. He was very helpful and I was impressed by the fact that he had my tyre in stock and agreed to hold it for me until my return from Dubrovnic, later in the coming week. I watched his fitter at work and I will let the forum know how the fitting goes (charge £12.50) when it is done. Hopefully I will be able to report that there is a good option available for new tyres for those travelling to Croatia.

On a separate note I bumped into a BMW rider in Ljubljana, who put me in touch with Rakela of BMW Klub Split. Although Rakela was away when I arrived in Split, he arranged for 2 of the Klub members to meet and show me around. They also arranged an invitation to a wedding party in a mountain hut above the Adriatic coastline.....live band, local food including fish, lamb and pork cooked over an open fire and a great bunch of people. Their hospitality was humbling.

Particular thanks to Stipe and Miro who spent time making sure I enjoyed my stay in Split.

Irony of ironies ..........Stipe took me on a ride this morning as part of my journey to Dubrovnic. He was going to visit his parents and took me on an amazing road through the mountains avoiding the D8. We ended up at his parents house where I was offered refreshments, before I continued my journey to Dubrovnic.

His parents only own Jakirusa which has been the subject of a number of approving posts on this forum ........small world indeed !

The Dalmatian people appear to me to be very open, friendly and hospitable. I can thoroughly recommend a visit.

glad your sorted,say hello to stipe for me and tell him i hope to return next year. jim

Back
Top Bottom