How can I tell which options/packages are installed on 2nd-hand GS1200 Adventure?

lsinnett

Reaction score
Apologies for the dumb question but I'm looking at a number of second-hand R1200GSA's from BMW dealers and others. In the case of the BMW dealers there's usually a good description of the particular options/packages that come with the bike (On-Board-Computer, Gearshift Assist Pro, Riding Mode Pro, ABS Pro, Tyre Pressure Control, Comfort, Touring, Dynamic Packages etc). The non BMW dealers are sometimes quite sparse in the info they provide - there's a local dealer that's got a Triple Black 1200 GSA and whilst I can tell it's got some stuff (Dynamic ESA for example) I'm not sure how to tell whether the bike's got other stuff such as riding modes pro? Is it just a case of switching it on and looking for certain things in the menu/s? What would I be looking for?

A check with a GS911 will tell you whats loaded onto the bike.
I suspect a vin check with someone in the know, will produce the same results.......

If you havent owned a GS before you wouldn't know what to look for in the menu i dont think.
such as ride modes dynamic pro and enduro pro are not shown on the menu unless the plug is inserted under the seat.
Unless your going to get nobbly tyres and go offroad you wont use these modes anyway, all other modes are designed for road tyres.

you can visibly see some things as you say the ESA, although there are different versions of that too.
you can see the cruise control and the heated seat switches if it has them.

Ideally take a GS owner with you, they will quickly be able to compare things for you.

Maybe someone on here lives close by?

Back
Top Bottom