How do you Rip CD's Windows 10

Ianak

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have given up Spotify at £10 a month to listen to music on the move and I'm trying to rip CD's that I already have to my computers music files Windows 10 and I have managed to copy around 10 CD's but its hit and miss

the files I have got I then put on my phone and bluetooth to my helmet
I've probably put 50 CD's in and they don't copy and I've no idea why or what to press to make it do so is there an easy solution please or is this normal are they copy protected

I asked a youngster and the answer I got was no one uses CD's and MP3 these days stream it
can anyone help please

Rip music from a CD
  • Open Windows Media Player.
  • Insert an audio CD into the PC's CD drive.
  • Select the Rip CD button .
Or a very nice bit of software is Goldwave.

Cdex used to be pretty nifty

just make sure you save them as MP3 ;)

I
Rip music from a CD
  • Open Windows Media Player.
  • Insert an audio CD into the PC's CD drive.
  • Select the Rip CD button .
Or a very nice bit of software is Goldwave.
I Cant find a rip CD button

I use I tunes. Import into library, then convert to mp3. Then copy as a file to a cd and burn it. More steps but usually better to organise

I cant see folders so did a search and it says there are no folders in this view
I also cant see change settings

Are you trying to copy music you already have on CD onto your computer?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
I cant see folders so did a search and it says there are no folders in this view
I also cant see change settings
I have W11 so its a bit different. On W10, I think its "Organize" -> Options -> Rip Misic.
I would change the quality to 192kbps as a minimum, 320Kbps if space is not a problem.
And don't rip automatically.

Hi Yes thank you Organize did bring up the Rip options and I have managed to rip one of the 3 discs I had tried before

Make sure you are ripping to MP3 instead of WMA (which Windows Media Player defaults to)
A lot of devices, especially Android devices, can have problems reading ID tags from WMA files. Reading from MP3 tends not to have the same problem

Back
Top Bottom