I’m loving it …

Nin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well it worked great for me. Once I discovered that the glitches and lagging was because it was trying to find a 3G signal in the remote Alps, and I switched to offline mode, I found it to be really stable, intuitive and reliable.

Unlike that hateful software Garmin uses.

I found it really easy to edit routes in the race stops, restaurants in the evenings. The ability to access aerial photos was great, meant we could check some of the more ‘gnarly’ sections before hitting them.

I’m a fan. To the extent that by day 3 I didn’t bother running my phone and Scenic as backup.

One thing that I’ve asked on the MRA forum is whether anyone has got their Thork Adv Controller to work controlling the MRA software - that would be a belter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Well it worked great for me. Once I discovered that the glitches and lagging was because it was trying to find a 3G signal in the remote Alps, and I switched to offline mode, I found it to be really stable, intuitive and reliable.

Unlike that hateful software Garmin uses.

I found it really easy to edit routes in the race stops, restaurants in the evenings. The ability to access aerial photos was great, meant we could check some of the more ‘gnarly’ sections before hitting them.

I’m a fan. To the extent that by day 3 I didn’t bother running my phone and Scenic as backup.

One thing that I’ve asked on the MRA forum is whether anyone has got their Thork Adv Controller to work controlling the MRA software - that would be a belter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

How did it deal with off rod tracks, Simon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fine if they were recognised as rights of way in the base map (and there were differences of opinion!)

If not recognised, I built up a series of routes and for the gaps just followed the track as it was shown on MRA.

In practice on the ground, these were tracks clearly used by vehicles so were legitimate, but just didn’t show in the base-map as public vehicle rights of way.

Nope...complete fail. Try again in 6 months when they've got it working properly.
Let me down completely a couple of times in my recent French odyssey.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom