Into The West IX, Leenane, Co Galway - 2-4 September 2022

I must echo what others have already said

Fantastic weekend
Great hotel location with comfortable rooms, good food and beer and excellent staff
Superb company and a very friendly event
Thanks to Jochen for making it happen
My first visit - but not my last
If you haven’t been - Ireland offers some of the very best motorcycle riding in all of Europe

Stunning shots! I’m delighted Mother Nature played ball for you all.

A few more from the album ....

Attachments

• 8650070F-01C2-4E86-BA68-C1A966CF861B.jpg
    8650070F-01C2-4E86-BA68-C1A966CF861B.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 142
  • AF7A8D7B-88DC-41D4-994C-EA3F1DF22CB9.jpg
    AF7A8D7B-88DC-41D4-994C-EA3F1DF22CB9.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 145
  • 52A915D7-A5F2-4B3B-A9C1-438DB0402345.jpeg
    52A915D7-A5F2-4B3B-A9C1-438DB0402345.jpeg
    241.3 KB · Views: 142
I must echo what others have already said

Fantastic weekend
Great hotel location with comfortable rooms, good food and beer and excellent staff
Superb company and a very friendly event
Thanks to Jochen for making it happen
My first visit - but not my last
If you haven’t been - Ireland offers some of the very best motorcycle riding in all of Europe

How did you get on in Garrison? Did they do you an evening meal?

Looks fabulous. I hope to join you next year, InshAllah.

You’d be more than welcome Bill :thumb

Thanks to everyone who turned up (even those that arrived secretly :p) & made for another fab weekend :bow

It’s amazing what you see in the wilds of Mayo :cool:

52330729787_2592aa0b25_b.jpg

But the strangest thing by far was this :

Kev drinking tap water on a Friday night :eek:
You’re not likely to see that again any time soon….

Provisionally next year’s event will be Sept 1st to 3rd as I’ll be away at the Rugby World Cup thereafter. I’m just awaiting confirmation of costs from the hotel…

How did you get on in Garrison? Did they do you an evening meal?

I did
Stayed there last night, after visiting the in-laws for lunch at Ballymote and a run up the Sligo coast to Mullaghmore and slipped into Garrison via BunDoran (that’s an enlightenment I don’t want to repeat - what a place at odds, with the rest of the beautiful WAW)
Comfortable enough and nice people, the meal was decent enough - didn’t stay tonight as managed to bring my ferry forward and return home today

4d191261411e55112c210c987f267063.jpg

d54058c841f0f44552e232247dfd8181.jpg

JB, you covered a bit of ground. I was past Ballymote a few times this year. Actually use a welding company called Ballymote Fabrications in London - the two lads left there 30 years ago and still have full Irish accents.

Guessing Bundoran was in full holiday mode?

Barry

JB, you covered a bit of ground. I was past Ballymote a few times this year. Actually use a welding company called Ballymote Fabrications in London - the two lads left there 30 years ago and still have full Irish accents.

Guessing Bundoran was in full holiday mode?

Barry

Hi Bazza
Aye a full run today, from nearly the west coast of Ireland at Garrison to Belfast and back to Yorkshire- about 350+ miles or so
BunDoran wasn’t full on, now schools have gone back ….but shabby pubs/hotels and full of slots & the like
Yuk, compared to other beautiful places on WAW

Where you guys played over the weekend is great. We did Mizen to Malin last year up the coast and a couple of trips Westport direction. Planning to do a run west before winter gets here.

Plus planning a run over your way as used to work near Thirsk and live in York for a number of years.

Ps pic of the Bog Oak sculpture you missed in Cong.

Barry

Attachments

• 421B385E-73EA-42FE-8B1D-98D3EC43FC83.jpeg
    421B385E-73EA-42FE-8B1D-98D3EC43FC83.jpeg
    60.6 KB · Views: 160
Where you guys played over the weekend is great. We did Mizen to Malin last year up the coast and a couple of trips Westport direction. Planning to do a run west before winter gets here.

Plus planning a run over your way as used to work near Thirsk and live in York for a number of years.

Ps pic of the Bog Oak sculpture you missed in Cong.

Barry

Give me a shout if you come over in the York direction

I did
Stayed there last night, after visiting the in-laws for lunch at Ballymote and a run up the Sligo coast to Mullaghmore and slipped into Garrison via BunDoran (that’s an enlightenment I don’t want to repeat - what a place at odds, with the rest of the beautiful WAW)
Comfortable enough and nice people, the meal was decent enough - didn’t stay tonight as managed to bring my ferry forward and return home today

'Comfortable enough' doesn't sound like you were particularly enamoured - apologies if that was the case.
Bundoran does have a charm all of it's own doesn't it?

'Comfortable enough' doesn't sound like you were particularly enamoured - apologies if that was the case.
He's from Yorkshire. Compliments come out like dental extractions. Women in Yorkshire shout "Hmmm maybe" when they orgasm. (Scots are similar but less effusive!)

Sent from my moto e30 using Tapatalk

Locally known as "McEniffville."
Since you were in that part of Ireland,
For pure charm (not), you should have visited Knock. It helps if you have a full complement of the falling down liquid.

Thanks Jockser and all that made it such an enjoyable weekend. Now home and dry .

It was fine, however I don't think they were in full on 'guest mode' on Monday night, as I was the only one staying and it was like 'stopping with friends' mode, which was ok

It was fine TG, not quite the same as the Leenane Hotel, where we'd been this weekend

For those of you on the ride out

Who were going too quick to take photos
Ceide Fields, Waterfall and Sheffry Pass

Attachments

• Ceide Fields.jpg
    Ceide Fields.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 125
  • Waterfall.jpg
    Waterfall.jpg
    266.9 KB · Views: 131
  • Sheffrey Pass (1).jpg
    Sheffrey Pass (1).jpg